Quantcast

Best bike for "super d"

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Chumba Evo! Rocked to the top and with the comp backed out 2 clicks and rebound as well it rode like my DH bike but cornered alot faster. (scared me a couple of times, laid it over weighted the outside and off it went pinning it full speed).

Bike back at inlaws
Do you have to get a running head start to get a leg over that bike? ;) ;)

So "tall" looking. But if it works - that's what matters most - I guess.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Do you have to get a running head start to get a leg over that bike? ;) ;)

So "tall" looking. But if it works - that's what matters most - I guess.
LMAO! Its approx 32" half way up the seat tube (where the "U" in chumba is) with big profile tires!
Measured at seat tube its right at 30" just a hair under, some co. measure that way and thats just not the case, I havent been able nor would I attempt to stand there. The seat front would have to be somewhere its not supposed too! :shocked:

With reg. 2.35 tires and a fox 32 or 36 on there it would be lower as well. The stack height of the fork is 1/2" or more on the Z1 fr than a fox and the schwalbe is a bigger 2.5 so I could drop 1/2" on a reg. 2.35 tire and it would get the stand over to approx. 30" but Im 6'4" so its OK for me! :D

The BB is 14.5 now so Im not too concerned, If it rode like poo then Id be irritated but it slaughtered the trail so I have no issues. :thumb:

As far as working yeah it rails! Its not XC oriented, it pedals well but definently geared for fast aggresive riding. Corners fast (almost too fast), pedaled to the top, soaked up stuff all the way down and I have rode it at the bike park and it slaughters the corners and jumps. Good geo, weird standover! :thumb:

Last edited:

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
After riding a Blur, Blur 4x and Nomad for the past few seasons, I am really impressed with my Meta 6 as a Super D bike.