Quantcast

Best bike park out west?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
totally agree. i like mammoth area for the lift and BC skiing, but for mtn biking it starts to feel real limited real fast (although riding the mtn bike park is good). that's why i bought a house in tahoe instead of mammoth.

re: whistler on low wages...i'm doing the math here in my head...20 bucks a night X 30 nights = 600 bucks a month for employee housing. is that cheap relative to the typical whistler peon salary? in the winter it seems whistler locals are renting closets to sleep in (2 per closet, fat guy sleeps on the bottom)...is the summer housing mucho better?
You the same frorider with praxis skis?

We should meet up at somepoint........either season;)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
totally agree. i like mammoth area for the lift and BC skiing, but for mtn biking it starts to feel real limited real fast (although riding the mtn bike park is good). that's why i bought a house in tahoe instead of mammoth.

re: whistler on low wages...i'm doing the math here in my head...20 bucks a night X 30 nights = 600 bucks a month for employee housing. is that cheap relative to the typical whistler peon salary? in the winter it seems whistler locals are renting closets to sleep in (2 per closet, fat guy sleeps on the bottom)...is the summer housing mucho better?

For someone to walk into this town and get a place for 600$ a night. Thats pretty good. I know people who rent a room for 550$ + utils.

Its also why the newbs get stuck working 2 jobs and not riding. Its hard to support your self and still have time to play.

A lot of renters drop the price for the summer but sign short leases (6 months) in order to take advantage of the winter kids coming up.