Quantcast

Best Crank, Bash Guard, Chain Tensioner for $200

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
something slightly used? honestly, you really are limited in what you'll be able to get. dig around, but i think you may want to check out the FSA Maximus cranks, they're supposed to be pretty good for money, or if you can afford to, step up to the Gaps, they're awesome.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I think he means chainguide not tensioner. The Transition Chainguide is nice for under $100. Maybe some hussfelts? Not going to get much for $200.

Sep 12, 2004
you cant run a truvativ box guide with a bash guard - its designed to run like an LG1 (becuase it is one of the orginal bash guard-less designs!!!!)

i say get the cranks and bb and then check out the fourms or ebay and pick up a nice e13 guide - you can find a decent used guide with everything for around $75 (lower if you look and wait)

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I've got a Bontrager Big Earl crankset 170mm with an SKF BXC-600 BB that I could sell you for $100 shipped. Cranks have a couple of very small scratches and the BB has about 20 miles on it, never jumped or taken off drops. I'll even include the Park BB tool and Crank Puller tool that I have, they've been used twice. This BB sells for over $100 alone.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
good luck getting all that stuff new. a few weeks ago i could have sold ya a diety set w/ an e13 srs. i still have the srs sans bash guard ill sell for twenty bucks plus shipping

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
you cant run a truvativ box guide
Actually, you can run a truvativ box guide with a bashguard.. unless this is not a box guide. This is what i have on my gt moto
Truvativ Hussefelt cranks with single 38T alloy ring, ISIS spline drive attachment, Truvativ Hussefelt Box Roller chain guide
I dont like this chain guide's design that much just cause of the way it mounts to the frame. Its held in place by the bb cup being tightened against it but it works just fine. The box guide that you linked up from pricepoint looks exactly like what i've got. Just make sure it will work for the way you need to mount it, i.e. if your frame doesnt have the three bolt holes for a chain guide vs the type you're showing where its secured by a tight bb cup.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Beggers can't be choosers.

If you want anything that will last, you'll need to spend more then $200 on cranks, bb, and chainguide.

For the record, I sold my practically new e-13 SRS with a Bash for $40...thats a better way to go, IMO.