Quantcast

Best descent ever? (Les2Alpes-Venosc, France)

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
I did that run a few times last year since my hotel was right at the bottom and.... It sucks... They are way better trails in the area.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I did that run a few times last year since my hotel was right at the bottom and.... It sucks... They are way better trails in the area.
You like rooty technical runs?

To me that looked soo much fun with all those skidfriendly corners, and they just went on and on and on and on.... I need to move to the mountains.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
f that traffic. Looks like an awesome set of switch backs though. I think I would rock a full face on that one.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
That trail is normally brake bumped out but still fun and very long. Les 2 Alps has a glacier for summer skiing as well. A little too many people ruins it for me.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I think that he means that in the Alps there are many people and some are very fast while others are not so fast. Many of the trails are narrow and many of the people don't speak the same language. Sometimes people are on a short vacation and don't care because they don't live here so they do things like this. It rarely happens but sometimes people just don't care. Another example is people taking forbidden trails and making huge problems for the locals that ride here everyday. It has a lot to do with respect and sometimes people don't care if they can come abuse it and then go home with no one knowing but his buddy behind. It hasn't become a big problem but it happens. It is much more ride at your own risk than N. America.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
And the reason it sucks is...? Looks fine to me. .
It's boring and lacks technical difficulties. Les 2 Alpes has better trails higher up and if you go to Oz, the next resort up the valley (with Alpes D'Huez) you will find a trail incredibly more fun in both challenges and flow.
:biggrin:

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
That place does look freaking sweet. I can't wait to go there in a month for the Enduro Series. Anyone else going to be there for that? What are the names of the some of the best trails up there? I'll be there for a week before the race, and before that I'll be in Amsterdam :)