Quantcast

Best Downhill bike

Nov 9, 2005
Hey ive been ridng downhill/freeride for about a year and a half now and i have baisically a stock 04 stinky deelux, and i was wondering if anyone knew what downhill biek would be the best for rocky trails and then be able to do drops, and still pedal home

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
ye mann the azoniceliminator i s th best 1 out dere cause it has a romicand if youhave amonstar tee it wull bee du best 2

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Let me guess. Your from Santa Barbara?

We may all come off as dicks, but your post was very generic.
The short answer, there is no perfect bike. Ask a specific question and you will get a real answer.
Spell/grammar check before you hit submit in the future.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh so im going to make this easy to interpurate. dude learn to spell and use punctuation. here on ridemonkey people actually read what you wright and if we cant read it or have to decifer it your going to get crappy replies and no one will help you.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
frznnomad said:
yeh so im going to make this easy to interpurate. dude learn to spell and use punctuation. here on ridemonkey people actually read what you wright and if we cant read it or have to decifer it your going to get crappy replies and no one will help you.
Holy crap. At first, I thought this was a joke....I think I was mistaken....wow....

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
frznnomad said:
I'm really hoping this post was completely intentional.....

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I think the Santa Barbara school district is punishing kids that fail their standardized tests by sending them to Ridemonkey to be ridiculed for their poor grammar and spelling.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
frznnomad said:
read what you wright huh? Don't you mean write? ;)

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Discostu said:
I think the Santa Barbara school district is punishing kids that fail their standardized tests by sending them to Ridemonkey to be ridiculed for their poor grammar and spelling.
No but in his defense it's the whole "no child left behind" deal. Thanks Bush!

After growing up here and attending each elementry, junior high, and high school in the district I've come to conclude that my kids will never set foot in a Santa Barbara school. I graduated in 2000 but I have a younger brother now a freshman in high school and I see how stupid those kids are. I think kids become more stupid attending school here. You guys get a hint from some of them on the :monkey:

But to be nice, your stinky isn't that bad. I have no idea what the average 15 year old's budget is (probably more than mine was at 15) but it's too "general" of a quetstion. I know rocky trails and being able to ride home is important, so pick something 6" or so travel (more is ok), that accepts a front der., has a stable platform shock, and go from there. Off the top of my head things the local shops sell would be the Coiler (or coilair) from Kona, the Specialized Enduro line, and possibly the VP Free if any have one built up.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
yeah but your from SB so we understand. just try not to speak internet or anything on here. i think the vp free would be ideal. if you still want the 8 inches travel. if you think you can get away with less, go with an enduro or something in that category

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Damn, Ridemonkey's original bastard speller has been usurped by the kids from Santa Barbara.

Oh well, time to retire. :)

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
ive been looking into the transition bikes i think those would be pretty sick. i think the pedal part in major is reliant on what shock you choose the foxs are nice cause you can just turn up the propedal.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
Well for one thing I think that we are all a little lazy at times, and "your" is a bit easier to write than "you're." Also, I hate the fact that all people from santa barbara are getting a bad reputation because of three illiterate kids. Oh, by the way the one who started this post is simply a duplicate name of one of those three. I think he was originally zmtber. I think that might explain a lot.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
SBDownhillRacer said:
yea im not one of those three kids dont worry. what about frames like the v10, 303, dhr or demo
the 303 is designed to be very good at getting over square bumps, which are plentiful on Tunnel. It gets my nod

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
PDC solaris based on no information and it isn't out yet but I want one so buy it and flood the used market so I can have one later next year.

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
It might help if your a little more specific on what your looking for in a DH bike. Any bike on the market you can pedal home, it depends on how hard you want to work at the ride home. If your looking for a straight DH bike that is quite a bit different from a freeride or all around bike. Give us a little more information and your get a lot more out of everyone.

EDIT: Also a price range is a good starting point.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
SBDHrida said:
Well for one thing I think that we are all a little lazy at times, and "your" is a bit easier to write than "you're." Also, I hate the fact that all people from santa barbara are getting a bad reputation because of three illiterate kids. Oh, by the way the one who started this post is simply a duplicate name of one of those three. I think he was originally zmtber. I think that might explain a lot.
stop pointing fingers at me!:mad: i have nothing to do with this stupidity, i gave it up a long time ago.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I can vouch that SBDHracer or whatever is in fact a fourth separate kid and not using multiple screen names.

Trevor, get the Turner. It's simple, reliable and proven. Not to mention there are plenty available used for a good price.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
wydopen said:
it actually pedals well for a dh bike which is what is best for our area
ok, well the team dh I rode didn't pedal too well. It is a sick deal though.

Nov 9, 2005
yea i like the dhr a lot. The 20mm rear axle is very cool. I would be looking for more of a downhill specific bike and not as much a freeride bike, because going faster and smoother down the trails is the main goal

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I had to check the URL in my browser to make sure I hadn't accidentally pulled up a Pinkbike thread.

What is the best downhill bike? The Giant DH, a super low pivot frame coming with a platform shock, doesn't pedal well? Suggestions for two frames based on zero information whatsoever? Spelling and punctuation to make a grown man weep?

Someone please purge this thread from my memory - help me forget the pain...