Quantcast

Best Downhill Saddle

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I really like the Selle Italia SLR T1. Kevlar sides for crash protection. More sidewall height in the nose and more padding everywhere than superlight saddles feels good when gripping it with your legs or coming down on it. Only 220g. Oh, it looks sweet on a white bike.

Last edited:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
WTB Power-V

It is like the Laser V or speed V in shape, but it is much larger in size. Not as big as an azonic Love-seat, but no weenie XC saddle either.

They are discontinued I believe but you can stil find them for sale out there (like the site named after a river in south america).

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
funny, loveseats were actually pretty light. but damn close to the most un comfortable saddle i ever used.

i have a silverado on both my mtbs, i'll try a devo if i can ever find a good deal on one since its a little shorter overall.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
It really doesn't make a difference in downhill really. If you are sitting down a lot YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG! Any cheap XC saddle fits the bill. Lightweight, pretty seats are for e-biking. A cheap take-off saddle from the lbs does the same thing, but you don't care so much when it gets destroyed.
Hey Im pretty damn fast sitting down, Ive mastered the whoops while seated as well as can corner faster than hell sitting... Ive taken DH to a whole new lazy level!!!!:thumb:

Im going to make homage your way and ride shortly let me know if your down, come down this way and Troy and I will take you to the goods as well... Adam wants to ride as well there so Ill grab him eddgy and the rest if they are down for tunnel and CS again...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
As mentioned in the first response to this thread - to each their own. Most anything will do the trick for DH...'cept anything that has a pointy rear section. Those types of saddles like to tear your shorts up.

I have actually found tri-saddles work best for me in dh/fr applications. Longer/wider nose section, so I can use the saddle to lean in turns and also not too stiff if I compress on the saddle slipping my pedals (a rarity - thank God!).

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I have the Fizik Zeak. It's a bit of a sofa. I like it cuz if I get slammed down on it it won't go up my ass, and I like that all of the edges are soft.