Quantcast

Best place to find road bike online...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
golgiaparatus said:
Whats wrong with this pic...
I know its a ghetto brand but look at the components. All Dura Ace... and check the wheels... WTF?! For $600 :eek:

EDIT: Damn, not in my size
$600=frame with fork, headset, spacers and seat clamp

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
golgiaparatus said:
That KHS FLITE 300 LOOKS (oops caps lock) about right. Cromo too, with carbon fork maybe it would help soak up some of the bumps.

Is Sora a bad group set? or is it a :nope:
Sora = entry level components

It goes

Sora
Tiagra
Ultegra
Dura Ace

So I guess Sora would be the equivalent of Alivio MTB components, Tiagra would equal Deore level, 105 = LX, Ultegra = XT and Dura Ace = XTR

Something like that.

I have a Jamis Quest with 105 stuff on it and it works great but it was a little over a grand.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
MMcG said:
Sora = entry level components

It goes

Sora
Tiagra
Ultegra
Dura Ace

So I guess Sora would be the equivalent of Alivio MTB components, Tiagra would equal Deore level, 105 = LX, Ultegra = XT and Dura Ace = XTR

Something like that.

I have a Jamis Quest with 105 stuff on it and it works great but it was a little over a grand.
Yeah but alvio is total garbage... is sora as bad as that?
I guess if I bought that I would have to make a few upgrades, notably the drivetrain.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
MMcG said:
How can you tell what the wheelset is?

What is your budget?
Not stuck on a budget because If I found a massive deal on something I would probably throw down on it. However since I'm only getting this bike to keep myself in shape while I do shoulder therapy (cant ride MTB now) I dont want to drop a load on it, I was gonna try to get something used for about $400 but it looks like I can get a fair new bike for about that.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm not sure what sora is like - but again - this is a road bike not a mountain bike - the components aren't going to take the abuse that MTB components would take.

Perhaps someone in the Road Forum could help - hell I don't really know much at all about road bikes. I just get on mine and ride it.

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
lanman said:
Not to spam or anything....if you are short I have a Specialized Allez 24 on Ebay, it has a tiagra/sora mix, a cateye midi 8 computer, minipump, spd pedals and 2 bottle cages for cheap. The Sora stuff really isnt that bad, especially because it's on a road bike, it's not like it is getting beat up. I never miss shifts with the Sora. If your short...check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58092&item=3693507458&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Not really what I'm looking for... Nice XT Der though :D