Quantcast

Best places to ride in New Mexico

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I will be moving to NM in about a year and want to start getting to know what area to live in based on the best riding nearby. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
You can't move here. If you do, I won't be the only guy with a Transition anymore. Ok, just kidding.

I moved to Las Cruces, NM roughly 8 months ago. There is a little bit of everything around here. It's mostly xc/trail riding, but there are a few of us building some more technical downhill lines.

If you check out mountaingoat's site (www.roughriderracing.org), you can see some pictures of some of the local freeride stuff. Most of it is at Rough Rider Canyon, which is about an hour or so east of here. There are a few pics from NM as well.

The closest lift access right now is Angelfire, which is a 6 hour drive. We are working on getting access to a couple of closer resorts. Mountaingoat should be able give more details on that. There is also Sunrise resort in Arizona, which is also roughly a 6 hour drive.

Feel free to pm or email me. I used to live in Puyallup, so maybe I can offer a good comparison of what you are moving from and moving to.

-Jason

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I am thinking my wife and I will end up near Albuquerque somewhere. Dont quite know yet. I am hoping to start my dream bike shop in NM. Living out here in the Northwet is KILLLING me. Thanks for all the good info. Jason.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
if you ride dh i made some grear trails that can be shutled on the paved road that goes to the top of the mountain.