Quantcast

best saddle for dh

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
WTB Silverado/Devo/Rocket V/ piece of plywood always works good, or a water bottle

Jan 3, 2006
I see you have the sens of humor , but my bike is a racelink and NOT a pinarello or cervelo to run the tour de france, tanks Seismic.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Titec El Norte ProLite Saddle was designed specifically for abusive DH racers and Freeriders to use in wet, slippery conditions. Wider nose and larger contact area along with Titec Relief Zone nose provide excellent comfort. Back-brace crossbar prevents bent or split rails. I love mine

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
I gave up long ago on "DH" saddles. Any saddle I run is going to get killed at some point so I may as well be comfy in the mean time.

last year I ran Specialized Avatar's on both my bikes. Upgraded to a Phenom this winter. So far it feels pretty damn good and it's fairly light even in the cro-mo railed version.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I run a Fizik Gobi Ti. Its light 220g's, comfi, and fackin strong as hell.

Straight rails after a year of abuse.

Oct 19, 2001
I have been quite happy with the i-beam i-fly. Pretty comfy light, super adjustable and has been durable. What more can you ask for?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Personally, any seat that works for DH, Like most have said, your going to ruin it at sometime or another. Currently I have a THE Ti rail DH seat on mine, looks like this

Its Lite, tough, and I snagged it at the races for 25 bucks, Cheap and works great. Next question is what bike do you have, and does your seat contact the tire in full travel. That might decide how much your willing to spend

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Selle Italia Flite or SLR series or if you are doing more all-mountain type stuff and having to pedal up the mountain, any of the WTB seats listed earlier are good.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Tioga MC Lite Ti

Cheap(ish) - £35-£40 in the UK. Very light (mine's 191g). Remarkably strong (I ripped the top off of my USE Sumo seatpost but the saddle's not even ripped and the rails are still straight.

Thought it was ***ing uncomfortable when I first got it, but either it's softened up or my ass has got used to it, could sit in it for hours now I think - though obviously as a DH bike you hardly ever sit on it anyway.

PLUS: looks wayyy retro :)

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
Personally, any seat that works for DH, Like most have said, your going to ruin it at sometime or another. Currently I have a THE Ti rail DH seat on mine, looks like this

Its Lite, tough, and I snagged it at the races for 25 bucks, Cheap and works great. Next question is what bike do you have, and does your seat contact the tire in full travel. That might decide how much your willing to spend
whats going on with the back of the frame here? it doesnt line up with the TT

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I have the Sunline V-One on the Socom, very light and fairly comfy. I've also got a SDG I-Fly on the Tazer, light cool comfy cheaper than the Sunline too. Otherwise the Syncros Dropzone is pretty good and cheap.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
whats going on with the back of the frame here? it doesnt line up with the TT
Little bit of optical illusion with the camera angle, litle bit of Me finding a couple days later the main Pivots bearings were wasted. You also not quite seeing the actual rear end on the first pic, your seeing the curve of the rockers. Side veiw with a better angle

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
i'll second the v-one saddle, its DH so you should be standing up 90%+ of the time. Its light and strong so far. You could get the v-two though, its more like a normal saddle

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
fizi:k gobi is excellent, but rather pricey. i also use it on the xc-bike, supercomfy.

a more budget choice, but nevertheless very good is the BBB BSD-41 MountainBase. the BBB has very long rails which come in handy when you have a bike with a tight cockpit.