Quantcast

Best sandwhich in the world...

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Philly, Patty Melt, or Rueben. I made a couple Ruebens for dinner last week when my wife and kid were out of town. Yummy.

I had this turkey and swiss on rye in some little out of the way deli in Maryland one time that I remember to this day...

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
maxyedor said:
For you Orange County Monkies, head over to KC liquor and deli on Tustin Ave and Palmira, they make the best sandwiches ever eaten on this planet!

Quiznos is teh suck, I've eaten better food on airplanes.
Quiznos is pretty lame, as well as overpriced.

KC has decent stuff, mainly because they use Boar's Head meats. Their bread is usually lacking though. They have a pretty decent beer selection at times, though a bit overpriced. Then again, across the street at Carnitas Los Reyes, the tortas are probably the best behind the Orange Curtain.

I find Cortina's in Anaheim (Orange just East of Brookhurst) has a much better sandwich. They use Boar's Head and bake their own bread. You can't beat fresh. Also, their produce standards are very high. I overheard them one day saying they needed to go to Tom's Farms (on Euclid, south of Cerritos) to get more tomatos.

Honorable mention? Th Reuben at Jewish Mother's in Virginia Beach, VA.

BTW, it's Palmyra for those who may wish to mapquest KC.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
Jersey Mikes Club Sub all teh way!
I only eat the #19 BBQ.

But there is a Shane's Rib Shack that opened, so I might have to try one of their sandwiches out.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Boar's Head isn't "good" meat...just Sysco's "premium" meat, fyi.

The best meats for sammiches will typically come from local meat companies, however, a degree of sketch typically comes with that.

Last week we made some killer pork carnitas sammiches with a roast we had sitting on the Mr. Induction for a good 6 hours.

Too bad the resident culinary expert got fired and I can't make more...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Jeronimo said:
Honorable mention? The Reuben at Jewish Mother's in Virginia Beach, VA.
Hahahaha! I have had that very sandwich at that very establishment many times. I had a buddy who used to live about midway between the Hampton Coliseum and the old "Cowboys" Bar there in VA Beach...the one for Dallas Cowboys fans that had a VW beetle always parked out front all done up in the silver and blue. We used to go to the Jewish Mother all the time after a day of beach inebriation for laid back jazz and the only place for miles and miles you could order a Mackesson Triple Stout. :cool:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I once visited a restuarant in Orange and got a rockin Cuban sandwich. It was located in or near the roundabout, but I can't remember the name of it. Any ideas??

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I completely forgot breakfast sandwiches. I have had many fuzzy mornings where a greasy egg sammy was professed to be the best ever. Hows about an egg over easy with ham, cheese, and onions on a griddled onion roll? You know, the kind where you bite into it and the yolk breaks? Oh damn...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OGRipper said:
I completely forgot breakfast sandwiches. I have had many fuzzy mornings where a greasy egg sammy was professed to be the best ever. Hows about an egg over easy with ham, cheese, and onions on a griddled onion roll? You know, the kind where you bite into it and the yolk breaks? Oh damn...
Should be bacon. :p

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
This one is pretty good but expensive...

Mumford's Culinary Center said:
CARIBBEAN CLUB
roasted turkey, ham, Muenster cheese, fried egg, lettuce, tomato, bacon and chili mayonnaise
on toasted white bread
$7.75

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
dibellas (rochester) and primanti's (started in da burgh). doesn't get any better than those places.
Yep, I had a Primantis the night before I left for Monkeyfest! Primanti's makes some of the best Samiches!

all of these people are quoting subs, and grinders, are they samiches? if so, a local joint in Oakland (right in the heart of the Pitt campus) called "Uncle Sams Subs" will deliver you a damn good sub, prolly the best I have ever had!

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Speaking of the oakland area, anyone ever had a hot dog from "the o" ? DAMN good hot dogs. God I love oakland, I gotta hit up some urban next time we roll up that way...

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
Boar's Head isn't "good" meat...just Sysco's "premium" meat, fyi.
Maybe "premium" is defined differently in another dictionary?

Then again, considering the source of the above quote, it's pretty funny that someone from the land-o-bland and weak beer might consider themselves a culinary expert.

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
Thanks, you rock. As lame as I am, I completely forgot how to get to the roundabout from my work. Methinks I'll be stopping by there after work on Friday. drool...
The Circle is on Glassell between the 22 and 91, or on Chapman between the 55 and 57.

For the best OC food reviews, try picking up OC Weekly every week. Gustavo Arellano knows great food.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Maybe "premium" is defined differently in another dictionary?

Then again, considering the source of the above quote, it's pretty funny that someone from the land-o-bland and weak beer might consider themselves a culinary expert.
Let me reiterate:

Sysco=Crap

Therefore, we can say that

Premium Sysco Meat=Premium Crap Meat

:happydance:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
And how about vietnamese bahn mi??? Hells yeah, your choice of meat with pickled carrots and daikon, cilantro, sliced jalapeno, and a little butter and mayo on a light french roll. Just had a good one for lunch...MMMMMMMMM. :happydance: