Quantcast

Best shops - Portland

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Hey I'm moving to Hillsboro next week. What are some noteworthy bike shops in Hillsboro/Portland? Also, does Universal Cycles have an open retail store or is it online only? I'm pretty excited to not have to deal with DC shops anymore.

Dr. Ill

Monkey
Nov 29, 2005
the guys at fat tire are ****ers. imo
go to trailhead they're super cool and can hook u up with w/e u need.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Another good thing about Trailhead cycles. Bernie races at Skibowl and hopefully Willamette. So after you beat him on the course, you can give him crap when you go buy new parts from him.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
I've never gotten any work done at Fat Tire or anything, but always stop in there when I'm in the area. I have a soft spot for them as they are where I found my dream XC bike--my SC Heckler--they were the only ones in the PNW that carried a size small. They have some nicely specked out bikes, and I got mine for a great deal. Also, they were cool enough to swap my fox float shock for the lockout one at minimal charge.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Universal cycles has a retail store on 82nd, you can find the address on there web site. Cycle path is has good deals as well, those were the to places I went when I lived in Portland. Fat Tire farm stock alot of good freeride stuff but there a little more expensive.

LIPS

Chimp
Jul 19, 2005
Portland
Universal used to be at 80th and Columbia, but they moved downtown. They are under the 405. You can buy the stuff you want directly at this location, but they don't really have a show room. Talk to Mike or Josh. Vic over at Ride-this has a nice shop and is a really friendly guy. If your moving to Hillsboro Bernie at Trail head is going to be your neighbor, get to know him.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
Universal for dirt cheap prices (they used to have a reatil shop in their new place but it got canned after a couple months, but like everybody said, you can pick your order up there and save on shipping)

Trail Head for awesome service and specailizing in more aggresive riding. Bernie (owner) rides a lot so ou don't have to deal w/ corporate bs.

FTF is a good shop, but they charge for everything (and a lot at that) and don't feel all that personal. However, they have been around forever and that says something.

Overall: trail head!!!

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
Universal for dirt cheap prices (they used to have a reatil shop in their new place but it got canned after a couple months, but like everybody said, you can pick your order up there and save on shipping)

Trail Head for awesome service and specailizing in more aggresive riding. Bernie (owner) rides a lot so ou don't have to deal w/ corporate bs.

FTF is a good shop, but they charge for everything (and a lot at that) and don't feel all that personal. However, they have been around forever and that says something.

Overall: trail head!!!
universal still has a shop, its just smaller. their store is located on 18th and thurman, but know what you want when you go in/order becasue the guys there are slightly retarded. to to trailhead cycles like everyone has said, much more of a personal shop