Quantcast

Best Shuttle Runs in WA

dublife

Chimp
Apr 30, 2010
I am looking for some day or weekend trips to ride. I would prefer to do little up hill riding. I want to know what trails you have done and know about. Thanks.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Lets see, I have done the northwest timber trail, the snoqualmie valley trail and the iron horse trail, which is my favorite.
All require full safety gear!!!!!
These are the only trails I know about!
I hope this fulfills your requirements!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I am looking for some day or weekend trips to ride. I would prefer to do little up hill riding. I want to know what trails you have done and know about. Thanks.
As you can see by now, you're not going to get much of a "proper" response - especially with it being your first post on this forum. We're well trained in that department!:)

If you're close to Issaquah, ride at Duthie Hill or another nearby riding spot and get to know some folks. With some patience and persistence (not too much of that, though - rubs folks the wrong way sometimes) you will be a happy non-pedaling person.

dublife

Chimp
Apr 30, 2010
Forest Service employee or raging hippy?

-KT
Ok, I am not asking or looking for any illegal places, I have been to most of the exits off I90. I ride Duthie 2 to 3 times a week.

I have heard that there are shuttleable rides at Mt. St Helens and around Mt. Rainier. I just dont know where to look so I asked here.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
Ok, I am not asking or looking for any illegal places, I have been to most of the exits off I90. I ride Duthie 2 to 3 times a week.

I have heard that there are shuttleable rides at Mt. St Helens and around Mt. Rainier. I just dont know where to look so I asked here.
search for info about suntop. its an awesome shutteable ride. but it wont be ready to go til like june at least, if not july.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Orcas is open to mountainbiking (and shuttling) from Sept 15th to May 15th. Pretty fun place to ride.

I've heard of a few shuttleable all-mountain style rides around Rainier, but haven't been there to ride yet.

Is Syncline shuttleable?

Otherwise, Post Canyon really isn't that far away and has some pretty great riding. Same with shuttling the North Shore mountains (Cypress and Seymour), as well as DiamondHead in Squamish, Vedder outside of Chillawack, etc.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
Orcas is open to mountainbiking (and shuttling) from Sept 15th to May 15th. Pretty fun place to ride.

I've heard of a few shuttleable all-mountain style rides around Rainier, but haven't been there to ride yet.
yeah orcas is a fun one for a winter shuttle!

and yes Suntop and Ranger Creek are a couple of the rides around Rainier.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Or you could just go to North Van, Squamish or Whistler, and ride well mapped trails until you puke.

Galbraith is another obvious choice.

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yeah, yeah, I know this thread is a few mos. old. Anyways, shuttled Ranger Creek last weekend and it was pretty awesome. Gonna check out Sun Top this weekend. Had a blast at Post Canyon last year, and still hoping to get back there before summer is over.

Where else can I shuttle up with minimal uphill pedaling, that is within a couple hrs drive from Seattle?

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Good All Mountain rides; Kaches Ridge, Devils Gulch, Little Bald Mountain, Capitol Forest, Green Mtn, Dungeness, Taenum, etc, etc. These trails are multi-use, so please yield to everyone on your ripping all mtn shuttled dh run. Whether they are on foot, four legged divot/poop machines, or it's a no helmeted quadtard with a cig danglin from his lips and his family in tow strumming banjo's. Put a smile on your face, say hello, be an ambassador for mtn bikes.

chance199

Monkey
May 23, 2009
Port Orchard, WA
Good All Mountain rides; Kaches Ridge, Devils Gulch, Little Bald Mountain, Capitol Forest, Green Mtn, Dungeness, Taenum, etc, etc. These trails are multi-use, so please yield to everyone on your ripping all mtn shuttled dh run. Whether they are on foot, four legged divot/poop machines, or it's a no helmeted quadtard with a cig danglin from his lips and his family in tow strumming banjo's. Put a smile on your face, say hello, be an ambassador for mtn bikes.
Little late to shuttle green mtn. the gate is only open Saturday and Sundays in summer. Pretty sure its coming to a close now. Probably hike/ride up now.

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
We rode Sun Top over the weekend. Really steep uphill from the upper shuttle spot to the top, so we had to push almost the entire way. Didn't like that the downhill seemed shorter than the Ranger Creek trail, but not sure how much of that was because we were going much faster with less stops. Not as many of the crazy sharp switchbacks on Sun Top, but also slightly more technical terrain imo. Had a great time, that's for sure.

So I saw something about the Cascade Triple Crown? I guess Ranger Creek and Sun Top are 2 of them, the third being Palisades. Is that shuttleable, and is it worth the time/effort?

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
To get to Palisades you ride the same trail as Ranger to the cabin then veer right along the ridgeline from where you would drop in to Ranger at the cabin. The trail is good until you get to the series off switchbacks. They put a major damper in the fun factor of the trail as you lose a lot of elevation hiking your bike down through them (or riding at a very slow pace if you got's some trials skilz). Try Deep Creek off of Coral Pass instead.

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
To get to Palisades you ride the same trail as Ranger to the cabin then veer right along the ridgeline from where you would drop in to Ranger at the cabin. The trail is good until you get to the series off switchbacks. They put a major damper in the fun factor of the trail as you lose a lot of elevation hiking your bike down through them (or riding at a very slow pace if you got's some trials skilz). Try Deep Creek off of Coral Pass instead.
So kind of like the tight switchbacks on the upper part of Ranger, but worse? Tell me more about this Deep Creek place :)

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
So kind of like the tight switchbacks on the upper part of Ranger, but worse? Tell me more about this Deep Creek place :)
Yes they suck worse.
Deep Creek is on the trail map of the area. It comes off of Coral Pass trail, that leads into Ranger and Palisades. I have never ridden it, but I've heard that it's worth the shuttle.