Quantcast

Best steel HT for Dual crown

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Glennder!! said:
It looks like a big assumption to me. I have met DW before and he is a good guy. I do not think after reading everything that he was directing anything towards Aztech. Just my opinion, but just in case here is a pic of a HT with a 69 Head Angle that totally rips.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36411
Thank you Glennder!

You know how I roll. Thank god! Tell those dudes whats up!

So that bike has a 69 head angle with a 7 inch fork?! How does it go when you get deep in the travel? gotta be pushing 71-72 degrees or so at sag. Id be curious to ride that bike. Never ridden a hardtail with such steep geometry before.

dw

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Glennder!! said:
The "agenda" word is killing me, since I just came from the voting booth! I am sick of damn agendas.
hahhahaa

same for me on both counts

Glennder!!

Chimp
Jun 14, 2002
East Coast USA
It is actually not as bad as you would think. You are more than welcome to ride it. I think you will be impressed with it. I have had many poeple ride it and say "wow" after. I have raced it for the past 2 years and I have not gone over the bars yet! That says something. I think?

Alumi-NUMB

Chimp
Nov 2, 2004
I didnt slander anyone dude.
Ya might wanna re read my post a 3rd or 4th time perhaps.
I stated my opinion....and took a cheap shot of course, wich by the way was
also an OPINION.I know that
when you posted that you were bagging on aztech.....and so does everyone else that isnt somehow involved in the e13 clan.

If indeed you meant nothing bad towards aztech, you certainly should not have phrased that the way you did.
AZtech is mentioned, next post you go off about structural analysis , and unsafe issues

That was just a coincidence?.......come on. :thumb: :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Alumi-NUMB said:
With god as my witness, i did not know you were also an engineer narlus.

Now i smell burnt grilled cheese.
i find munster to be the best for that application.

don't worry, i haven't solved a differential equation, 2nd order chemical reaction, or laplace transform for years.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Glennder!! said:
It is actually not as bad as you would think. You are more than welcome to ride it. I think you will be impressed with it. I have had many poeple ride it and say "wow" after. I have raced it for the past 2 years and I have not gone over the bars yet! That says something. I think?
Sounds sick brother. Im not making the last Pkill, so we have a springtime date!

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
I respect the helloutta DW's work. Hell, I've raced DH with a DRS on my bike! I just think that someone like him might appreciate peeps questioning his theories. No one wants to be surrounded by "yes" men all the time. He seems to question everything and that's good!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Thanks segerton,

you cant learn without asking questions! Nobody is ever too accomplished or refined to ask questions! Hopefully I will be learing until the day I die.

dw

Jun 13, 2002
NH
Ok, now everyone take a deep breath...
I've been away from the boards for a while and look what happens!

No Issues DW, this forum thing is grreat!
Hey Knuckles, where are ya?

I don't have a website yet. I can't keep caught up as it is! So it's pretty much word of mouth for now.

Aztech has 1 employee. Me.

The Aztech Flyin' Polack has a 69 deg.HT @4" fork, not 7".
Glennder's seatpost is 2" shorter so it makes the overall shape look a little different than the rest of them.

PDADDY

Chimp
Jan 7, 2002
Boston
My limited observations:
Sean (Flyin' Polack) is a very chilled, skilled and fast guy. The guy's I've raced with who ride his Frames (Justin and particularly Glennder) have nothing but great things to say about them and the work speaks for itself.

I didn't read in a specific attack by DW at all towards Aztech. It looked to me more like a generic be carefull huckin and racing with a frame from any old backyard builder which is good advice. I also don't think cheap shots are DW's style at all and I think the attacks directed at him are unwarrented and embarrasing particularly in a local racing scene as small as New England where most of us have lined up together at a race.

Penguin Killer has the Turd Ferguson version of the Midas touch, every post he touches turns to crap. Nothing more than the typical over reaction consipacy theroy shouting to be heard standard issue steady stream of paraniod childlike ranting for fun. Take it for what it is.

Nov 2, 2004
PDADDY said:
My limited observations:

Penguin Killer has the Turd Ferguson version of the Midas touch, every post he touches turns to crap. Nothing more than the typical over reaction consipacy theroy shouting to be heard standard issue steady stream of paraniod childlike ranting for fun. Take it for what it is.
Dude, how about being a little late? I'm quite glad you chimed in, but this was actually concluded over at the DHD forum, as well as here when Sean posted. So why are YOU trying to start it up again? As far as me destroying posts... this thread was just about DEAD on the first page before I typed one word, now we're at 4 pages. You do the math moron.

Edit: I thought it was 5 pages, fixed so it reads 4.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
This is the kind of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
KillerOfPenguin said:
That was all? Goof on me for calling you a moron? What about all the OTHER points I made?
Sometimes, people's so-called points are so weak that they deserve no comment...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
well to get this thread back on subject. dracos are exellent frames.i own one and i must say it has a very nice geo and is pretty damn versatile.its stable and manuals easily. heres a pic of mine in both setups. http://www.ridemonkey.com/mountain-bike-photos/data/504/5528Picture_070.jpg
http://www.ridemonkey.com/mountain-bike-photos/data/504/5528Picture_098.jpg
http://www.ridemonkey.com/mountain-bike-photos/data/504/5528Picture_099.jpg
if you got any questions pm me or email me at bhspec03@sbcglobal.net

Freddy

Chimp
Aug 10, 2004
Oslo - Norway
Hmmm....this is quite possily the worst thread i have ever seen on RM, including the thread with the horrible englishman flaming everything made in america.

:stosh:

segerton

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Freddy said:
Hmmm....this is quite possily the worst thread i have ever seen on RM, including the thread with the horrible englishman flaming everything made in america.

:stosh:
I hate everything made in Norway. Cept for the ho's. :blah:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
wow...I can't believe I wasted this 1/2 hr of my life. I wouldn't post to crap like this but I feel I need to in order to justify the brain cells I have lost.

-ska todd

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Flyin' Polack said:
Ok, now everyone take a deep breath...
I've been away from the boards for a while and look what happens!

No Issues DW, this forum thing is grreat!
Hey Knuckles, where are ya?

I don't have a website yet. I can't keep caught up as it is! So it's pretty much word of mouth for now.

Aztech has 1 employee. Me.

The Aztech Flyin' Polack has a 69 deg.HT @4" fork, not 7".
Glennder's seatpost is 2" shorter so it makes the overall shape look a little different than the rest of them.
FP, total props for you to come here and straighten this out, as the
who came on here spewing all sorts of crap potentially did more harm to Aztech than anything that was said previously. Good luck with getting everything up and running, and hope you don't get any more "help" promoting the brand... :thumb:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
There's nothing quite like the sight of a shorn scrotum. It's breathtaking; I suggest you try it...