Quantcast

Best trail on the hill.....

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Crabapple Hits? I guess it isn't really a trail, as it's only like four jumps in a row, but WOW. I about crapped an apple the first time I went down that run this weekend! What an improvement over last year's run!

It was extra fun running them in a long train of guys, everyone busting on those twenty five- plus foot tables! I need to get a lesson from Ethan on how to do those monster moto whips, though, yikes those were a cool move, he was completely sideways in the air over those things! Somebody's always gotta come along and remind me that I have a looong way to go in my development as a rider. Good, gives me something to shoot for.

What are your favorite trails up there everyone? Close contenders for me are Dirt Merchant, and Crabapple Hits.....

Pemberton was dope on Sunday, I had to escape the underwater bike riding at Whistler and take Shooter up on his offer to ride trails near his home! A quick change of clothes and a twenty minute drive up 99, and we were riding in sun on dry trail that was as gnarly as anything I have ever rode! We encountered a Rock face at least twice as high as the rock roller that is on National Downhill at Whistler! Didn't hit it, it was crazy, but I plan to give 'er next time I'm up there, for sure! The more I ride up in Canada, the more I realize how far behind we are down here both in vision (Not universally, I love our local trails!) and proliferation of trails. There's literally no end to the variety of riding you can get up there!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I think my favorites are Lower Whistler Downhill (love the lower woods section!), Hornet, Crack Addict, Upper Whistler Downhill, A-Line

bizirka

Chimp
Apr 18, 2004
The best is Dirt Merchant to Aline to that trail that runs buy old school then to GLC drops. It got gay once they closed aline you couldnt get to crab apple so we would cut down the ski slope above it, It was fun

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Schleyer, Crack Addict and Hornet are probably my 3 favourites...although Clown Shoes is fun too. It's a tough choice, but I like the tech trails more than the jump trails. I get bored on A-line after awhile.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by Mocha
Schleyer, Crack Addict and Hornet are probably my 3 favourites...although Clown Shoes is fun too. It's a tough choice, but I like the tech trails more than the jump trails. I get bored on A-line after awhile.
Agreed, I like the technical trails a bit more too. I'm still not quite the goodess of jumping I'd like to be though, so A-Line is great practice. I wish I could do ladders because the rest of Clown Shoes is really fun. At least they have Smoke and Mirrors now for those like me who are still in Ladders 101 so that I can work my way up to the big ones! :p

ok, if any one cares...(which i Iknow oyu dont) :D heres mine
1) Shelyer to lower world cup drop (hill you boost) to crack addict to hornet to glc (biger of the 2) drop

OR

A-Line to crabapple to lower a-line to lower lower a-line to the last table on the biker course

OR

anything else on the damn mountain!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Originally posted by bibs
1) Shelyer to lower world cup drop (hill you boost) to crack addict to hornet to glc (biger of the 2) drop

OR

A-Line to crabapple to lower a-line to lower lower a-line to the last table on the biker course

OR

I second that #1. If you turn left after the high speed rock out cropping on Whistler's DH, there is a short connector trail that hooks you right up to crack addict.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by bibs

OR

OR

easy does it? :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i envy you people who have ridden at whistler enough to have favorite trails.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
DOH!

Going back tonight for a day trip tomorrow......

you just gotta be willing to drive hela far all the time to ride the best park in North America! It sucks to drive, but it's worth it! I know you're in Portland, but I was up there with a guy from Portland last weekend and another friend from there was up too. Imagine if you lived in New York or Ontario or Florida!:dead:

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
it's not a day trip if you go up the night before

[spoken from the true harcore extreeeme Olympia daytripper's perspective]

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by SR
it's not a day trip if you go up the night before

[spoken from the true harcore extreeeme Olympia daytripper's perspective]
Werd to the hardcore!

It would only qualify as a day trip if you left at 12:00:01am. then you can join the hardcore day trip gang......

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I struggle to pick a favourite course, but reckon it might be Schleyer >> National >> Lower Whistler >> Hornet >> GLC.

Favourite section is easier, I just love those first 4 corners of Hornet. My fave thing while I was there was to cruise across from the top of the bikercross course, down the fireroad into hornet. Often you'll see someone coming from A-line, riding along the ridge into hornet, that's my cue to put on a sprint and come hooning into the first corner of hornet just in front of them and show them how it should be ridden. Childish I know, but oh so much fun :)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Mind you I also love the penultimate jump (LH hip table) before you come into the fast rocky stuff on A-line.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
- seb said:
Mind you I also love the penultimate jump (LH hip table) before you come into the fast rocky stuff on A-line.
Is that the one out of the right hander then some rollers before it?
That is my favorite jump up there. :thumb:

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
schleyer -> lower whistler -> aline -> glc sooo much fun.

my fave section on the hill has to be the first 200m of schleyer/joyride, no brakes:)

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
My favorite run this year was: No Joke >> Lower A-line >> Hornet >> Old School >> GLC Drop. However, I'd have rathered No Joke >> Lower A-ine >> Biker-X >> Box Jump >> GLC Drop, but the box jump was closed :mumble: Oh well, looked like they were doing good work on it... The Manager roll in is sweet, all about brake control! I'm definately going to have to work on wall rides, there's getting to be more and more of them up there.

Oh yeah, Crabapple Hits is sweet this year, and A-Line >> Smoke and Mirrors >> B-line >> Heart Of Darkness was a fun way to end the day, when you're all tired. Pretty low penalty factor there!

BigHitExpert

Chimp
Jul 6, 2004
NORTH SHORE
- seb said:
Often you'll see someone coming from A-line, riding along the ridge into hornet, that's my cue to put on a sprint and come hooning into the first corner of hornet just in front of them and show them how it should be ridden. Childish I know, but oh so much fun :)
I like to launch off that ridge to the fireroad and get the guys in front of me on the pass :D

Favorite run would be Dirt Merchant (i'm an addict) to Lower A-Line to Hornet, to lower-lower a-line (the new section with the super long table) to GLC

Crabapple hits/upper a-line are also the bomb :D

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
BigHitExpert said:
I like to launch off that ridge to the fireroad and get the guys in front of me on the pass :D
Yep, that's what I was doing every run :)

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Only ridden there twice, but my favorites are:

No Joke -> lower No Joke -> Dirt Merchant -> A-Line -> Hornet (only so I can get to...) -> Lower A-Line -> GLC

-or-

Original Sin -> lower No Joke -> Schleyer -> Clown Shoes (never ridden lower DH course) -> Biker X (insert GLC when necessary)

PS

Going to Hemlock tomorrow for a nice shorter drive and cheap lift tickets. Anyone know when they open... anyone planning on going, or want to go?

Flips

Chimp
Jun 3, 2002
whistler
the scheleymesiter-->lower whistler downhill ski jump----> cut on to the national---->lower a-line--->glc :love: