Quantcast

Bianchi Nirone

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps

Anyone have any comments on this bike? It is priced very competitively and to my uneducated eyes, it looks pretty good.

Carbon & alu frame, carbon forks, Campagnolo Veloce etc...

Linky

They go for just under a grand (euros) here, about US$1300.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
It looks nice, but I am no use.....I know nothing about Campy components (other than Super Record is the sh!t)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Yeah, I know nothing about Campy either. I'm guessing at this price its the equivalent of Tiagra?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Yeah, I know nothing about Campy either. I'm guessing at this price its the equivalent of Tiagra?
I thinks it's closer to 105. I've got 10spd record on my bike and prefer campy to shimano, based on the ergonomics of the brake/shift levers primarily. I also like the firmer/more direct shift feel (like sram vs shimano mtb).

That bike looks like a decent bike to train on. I would buy the best frame you can afford and upgrade the parts as needed.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
It is primarily a training bike, so I'm not bothered about having Dura-Ace or it's equivalent. However, I am enjoying roadying more and more and at a later time I could always upgrade...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Hmmm. Cheers Mike. Good to know what else is out there.

I think I'll take the Specialized out of the equation, but the Trek 2.1 looks ok. I still prefer the Bianchi out of those 3 though.

However, that Trek 4.5 looks damn good. The site you linked to states it retails at US$2140 though. As much as I'd love a bike like this, justifying that price on a roadbike would be tricky to the missus...

Edit: on second thoughts, checking with xe.com, thats just about 500 yoyos more than what I am budgeting...

We'll see...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Nice bike, my boss just got a C2C 928 (?) and its a beauty .... BUT I do NOT like the Campy front der/shifter action. At least not what I've ridden. The front isn't indexed so 1 click does not = 1 crisp shift.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Hmmm. Cheers Mike. Good to know what else is out there.

I think I'll take the Specialized out of the equation, but the Trek 2.1 looks ok. I still prefer the Bianchi out of those 3 though.

However, that Trek 4.5 looks damn good. The site you linked to states it retails at US$2140 though. As much as I'd love a bike like this, justifying that price on a roadbike would be tricky to the missus...

Edit: on second thoughts, checking with xe.com, thats just about 500 yoyos more than what I am budgeting...

We'll see...

Yeah thats the trek USA site, thats suggested Hi retail, most every trek dealer out is selling it at the lower end retail of 1899, at least we are anyways. Too bad your not in the area, I would love to get ya all set up

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Its funny you say that , That is one of the things I love about Campy Shifting ! Micro Adjustment of the front derailer
Hmmmm ..... so it isn't teh suck then??

I'm not familiar with Campy, but even after the tech re-tuned it wouldn't shift from 53 / 39 or back up with a single shift. I'll look into it myself. Thanks Splaticus!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Hmmmm ..... so it isn't teh suck then??

I'm not familiar with Campy, but even after the tech re-tuned it wouldn't shift from 53 / 39 or back up with a single shift. I'll look into it myself. Thanks Splaticus!
Thaat there, sounds like one of a couple possibilities, one, of coarse the tech isnt so good with roadie derailers, two the stops are off, three the derailer height is off, or fourth, the derailer doesnt match the cranks IE Tripple on a double or vice versa, max gear range doesnt match, 8 speed on a nine speed or vice versa. any of those

That, or your feeling the trim in between that is basically a half shift to keep the chain from rubbing.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I need to get a couple weeks work under my belt yet...

I may live in a nice place, but I'm poor as sh1t.

I'll let yer's know.

Lets talk Campy then... I would rather stear clear of Shimano if poss...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I need to get a couple weeks work under my belt yet...

I may live in a nice place, but I'm poor as sh1t.

I'll let yer's know.

Lets talk Campy then... I would rather stear clear of Shimano if poss...
If you get it from a decent shop, they should be able to swap the parts out, give you credit for what your taking of, and you basically pay any differences, if there are any. We do that alot, when we do though, we want to keep you at the same elvel, or higher, if your wanting to go lower then we usually sell you a lower bike. so an Ultegra group comiong off, woul be a chorus group going on.

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
For what its worth...
Get a bike that has a strong distribution and warranty service in your area.
try to steer clear of the american bikes because of that reason. get something local to you ie french, Belgian, Italian. you will get faster and better service if you have warranty issues.
Go with Campy for sure. it is rebuildable and a lot sexier than the other component companies. Also more TDF wins in history :)

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
if they still offer theVirata, that might be looking into also. Deda 16.5 steel, carbon rear end and it was offered in Celeste paint last time i looked into getting one. you may find one on clearance for just a tad bit more than what your spending on the other one