Quantcast

big bear ahoy!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Screw that place. It's just a damned fireroad. I'll be deep in the mountains of New Jersey cutting me a hardcore trail that weekend instead.

MD

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Oh I'm so there... 4X Downhill is going to rule, and I'm already practicing my elbowing technique. How much do you want to bet that there is at least one stupid "Mediflight jump" on that course.

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by dhtahoe
How much do you want to bet that there is at least one stupid "Mediflight jump" on that course.
I sure hope not.

How bout us Pro and Semi-pro monkies take an oath to at least not take each other out. I'd rather have fun and race the whole season than sit it out with an injury.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by dhtahoe
Oh I'm so there... 4X Downhill is going to rule, and I'm already practicing my elbowing technique. How much do you want to bet that there is at least one stupid "Mediflight jump" on that course.
double A elbow all the way! I'll make you a deal, don't take me out, I won't take you out!:D

As for the jump, i can almost guarantee they will do something retarded like that. One that isn't wide enough for 4 at a time I'm sure. LAME.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by ssaddict
I sure hope not.

How bout us Pro and Semi-pro monkies take an oath to at least not take each other out. I'd rather have fun and race the whole season than sit it out with an injury.
See above! Monkey pledge of no stupidity *(unless you clean out karim amour, then I buy you a beer)

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by Transcend
(unless you clean out karim amour, then I buy you a beer)

Wuahahahaha!!!
hopefully nobody well be "karimed"

btw is he really still racing?
didnt hear a word of him since he left Vprocess

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I will be there. Thankfully, I haven't sent in an upgrade request so I get to ride DH. :)

I just can't risk getting hurt at Big Bear racing 4 man DH when it is the first race of six weekends in a row.

Big Bear
US Open
Mohican (Ohio)
Snowshoe
Mount Snow
Marquette Mountain DH (Michigan)

That is all back to back weekends. Btw: driving sucks. The closest one of those is a 6 hour drive (each way).

I can't really put a finger on what I don't like about the 4 man DH thing. BMX and Mountain X is no problem. Motocross is no problem.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Originally posted by Transcend
double A elbow all the way! I'll make you a deal, don't take me out, I won't take you out!:D

As for the jump, i can almost guarantee they will do something retarded like that. One that isn't wide enough for 4 at a time I'm sure. LAME.
Deal!!!!!

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Experts/Junior Experts will practice and race on Westridge

That's from Team BB's site. Does anybody know Westridge? Is that last year's Sport course?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I'll probablly wander up there and shoot some pictures. I don't have the money for entry fees right now, if I'm going to pay just to have fun I'll do it some other weekend when I can get more than two runs in, and I'm too out of shape to think I'd do well anyways.

I'll be the guy standing in the worst place possible with a gigantic flash going off in your eyes. :D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
the thing that sucks about 4 man DH....youdon't have a motor...so if you stuff a guy while you're in third and he's in second...you ain't gonna catch first place. You lose your momentum with the contact and the dude up front takes a taxi home.

never have liked it...i like being against the clock.

2 man Dh...that was cool

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
4 man DH is gonna be killer.

We do it with way more riders than that and call it Chinese Downhill (from Hot Dog - The Movie)

Anything goes, but do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

You can practise in the parking lot with some buds and call it derby.

Elbows up, knees out and let's get ready to rumble!!

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Yeah, I read the thread, but I'm signing no treaties dammit! I need all the help my fat arse can get!

I may be slow, but I'm pretty friggin adept at the derby when things get tough!

I think I've found my niche, any ideas when will they have a NMBS derby category?

I'm afraid I'll be skipping BB this year, but I'd love to see the 4 up DH take off.

Wish I could be joining the fray, just remember to keep it clean!

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
Originally posted by ChrisKring
I will be there. Thankfully, I haven't sent in an upgrade request so I get to ride DH. :)

I just can't risk getting hurt at Big Bear racing 4 man DH when it is the first race of six weekends in a row.

Big Bear
US Open
Mohican (Ohio)
Snowshoe
Mount Snow
Marquette Mountain DH (Michigan)

That is all back to back weekends. Btw: driving sucks. The closest one of those is a 6 hour drive (each way).

I can't really put a finger on what I don't like about the 4 man DH thing. BMX and Mountain X is no problem. Motocross is no problem.
I'm not sure what that Ohio race is, but you should head up to Plattekill if its not that important. THey are running a race that weekend and its only a little over 2 hours from mountain creek, and it should be an awesome race.

Sep 10, 2001
4 man Dh sounds fun to me.... Especially if you have some tree sections with 3 or 4 different lines to mix it up.... So many possibilities...

Brian

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by MikeD
Screw that place. It's just a damned fireroad. I'll be deep in the mountains of New Jersey cutting me a hardcore trail that weekend instead.

MD

Aww, that's too bad, I plan on being there...I would've let ya buy me a drink for my b/day. (It's the mon. following.)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Lucee
Aww, that's too bad, I plan on being there...I would've let ya buy me a drink for my b/day. (It's the mon. following.)
Bah, Plattekill drinks rule compared to that west coast crap anyhow.

see ya there. where you staying?

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Originally posted by Threepointtwo
Experts/Junior Experts will practice and race on Westridge

That's from Team BB's site. Does anybody know Westridge? Is that last year's Sport course?
Yup, lasts years sport course is the expert course. I really liked that course as it has a little bit of everything on it... Wide open fireroad with table top jumps, tight tree section, open single track and even a nice uphill...

I get to race logchute... :dead: :)

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
That's cool. I heard good things about that course last year though I never got to ride it. I will miss the poorly designed, afterthought doubles down a wide open fire road but I guess you can't have it all.

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
Luc, it's always a good idea to pre-register to save a little $$. There was a time when the class might fill up, but those days are long gone. I can't remember anyone in Expert being turned away at a National in at least the last few years.

On a different note, do you still need a place to stay? If so, email me.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Acadian
For those of you racing BB - did you pre-register online or are you simply gonna register in BB? I've always pre-registered in the past but was thinking of simply registering there! Do you think there is a risk some classes will be full?
I've always registered on the spot. I never really could tell whether I wanna race it or not until I get there and settled. I dunno why but I guess I decide to when I feel like it.

They never really close registration due to size of the field but be ready to wait in lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng line. As I look at the long line issue, I think it's a good way to socialize -and Luc, you need to do that more, you hermit! :p

Get ready to pedal, y'all!!! Westridge!

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
Originally posted by Threepointtwo
Will it require more than 4 crank revolutions? That's my limit for DH races.
I'm pretty sure you'd come to a complete stop at one point if you only did 4 crank revolutions. In fact, you'd start to roll backwards as well.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Where is everyone staying? Just booked a room at Motel 6... They still have space if you need a place to stay...