Quantcast

Big Bike Class - Kenda Dark Mtn Super D Series

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
We've decide to add a Big Bike class to the series. :lighten: This class is open to all classifications (i.e. expert, sport, beginner...male or female). The only requirement is that the bike must weigh at least 37 pounds by my scales which will be onsite for each race. Bikes will be weighed immediately following each racers respective run. Prizes for this class will most likely be strictly $25 gift certificates for 1st-3rd since this is a last minute addition. This should help even out the fields somewhat rather than having a 24 pound cross country machine racing against a 45 pound dh rig. :cheers:

For additonal information on the series check out www.bmcc.us &/or http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2417430#post2417430

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Sounds cool...........

I can see some lightweight bikes owners taping all kinds of stuff on thier TT to make em hevier.....lol

Nov 10, 2003
asheville
I thought the whole concept behind Super D was to make the courses the type that evens out the field between a heavy big bike and a xc bike. Maybe people are rolling around on bikes to big for local riding. Just a thought.....

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
^^^how many guys do you know that race super d on a full blown dh bike. i dont know of any personally. i mean there are some that race on dinky little xc rigs but they get the snot beat out of them when i guy lines up with a bike like the bottle rocket, or 6 points.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
This addition was targeted for those individuals that only ride full-on freeride or dh rigs. On the positive side for individuals that have mutliple bikes here's an opportunity to race two classes.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I thought the whole concept behind Super D was to make the courses the type that evens out the field between a heavy big bike and a xc bike. Maybe people are rolling around on bikes to big for local riding. Just a thought.....
You actually own a mountain bike these days? I only see you commuting on skinnies. By the way...where the heck you been hiding?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
or MAYBE not everyone can afford a bike for every occassion. some of us like to race DH AND ride street/dj's so the most economical is to have a full on dh race rig and a beater street/park bike. if the world was perfect i'd have a medium travel trailbike in my stable, but, unfortunately, i'm either going to race my hardtail in the regular class and get bounced around or my demo in the big bike class. the point is getting people to race and Super D stands for Super DOWNHILL which has a slight connotation in it's name towards big bikes. god forbid that some grom, who can't afford a full stable, opts for the bigger bike to "cushion" his learning curve....should he/she be exluded from a chance to do well because he's "rolling around on bikes to big for local riding?"
Kudos to Matt for adding this class :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I think Hailey won both years. And by the way, we all know Taylor is a freak.
More Acadian-esque knowledge...
NORBA Downhill on 06/18/2005

Men - Pro/Semi-Pro
Pro 201-500, Semi-Pro 701-1000 Rank Points (Pro not ranked)
Place
Name
Time
License
Bib
Team

1 (1 - PR) Hugh Taylor 01:23.15 119232 36
2 (2 - PR) Joe Haley 01:23.35 149796 11
3 (3 - PR) William Parson 01:26.30 194289 33

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
oh no we didn't remove the rocks:shocked: ...for the super d we just go a different way around the garden:monkeydance:

good answer !!

just from easedropping in on your threads, it sounds like you are definately making the most out of the area you have.

d.h. races.
super d.
trail crew.

what's next ?