Quantcast

Big Bike: Mightiest ride ever build

Wilhelm

Monkey
Aug 10, 2003
10.450 pounds, 800 horsepower:

"Tilo Niebel and his co-pilot, Wilfred Niebel, ride the world's heaviest motorcycle onto a scale in Zilly, a town in Germany's Harz Mountain region. Officials from Guinness World Records were on hand to certify the bad bike as the world's heaviest -- it weighed in at 4.740 kilograms (10.450 pounds). Tilo Niebel built the motorcycle and side car around an 800 horsepower engine from a Russian T55 tank." (http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,518520,00.html)

Attachments

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Heh - not bad, but I think Jesse James from West Coast Choppers might have a better looking one:

...it's made from a Peterbuilt semi-tractor trailor.

danger

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
richmond va
10.450 pounds, 800 horsepower:

"Tilo Niebel and his co-pilot, Wilfred Niebel, ride the world's heaviest motorcycle onto a scale in Zilly, a town in Germany's Harz Mountain region. Officials from Guinness World Records were on hand to certify the bad bike as the world's heaviest -- it weighed in at 4.740 kilograms (10.450 pounds). Tilo Niebel built the motorcycle and side car around an 800 horsepower engine from a Russian T55 tank." (http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,518520,00.html)
im sorry, but there is no way the worlds heaviest bike weights 10 pounds, unless you mean 10,450

bohorec

Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
some must be under such pressure in school :disgust1: thousand separators and stuff..:disgust1:. After all this math it must be so hard to assess weight of vehicle from the picture...

Wilhelm

Monkey
Aug 10, 2003
To top all the monster bikes we´ve seen before:
28,660 pounds, (?) horsepower, almost 29.5ft long and more than 9.8ft high:

"The Australian monster will be on show at the Melbourne Motor Show which runs from 29 February. What’s the Australian monster, you might ask? Is it a mutant kangaroo? No. Is it perhaps a pet Tazmanian devil? Wrong again. It’s a 13 ton/28 660 pound two-wheeler devised by Ray Baumann, a man who used to make a living out of trying to stop his own living. He was a stunt driver who has also driven trains, among other lifestyle activities.

Powered by a Detroit Diesel truck engine, mated to a 6-speed Allison automatic, this thing stands almost 9 metres/ 29.5ft long and more than 3 metres/ 9.8ft high. In fact, as seen in these pics, a full grown man doesn’t even stand up to one of the Monster Motorbike’s wheels. Caterpillar provided these wheels straight from their front-end loader, a beast on its own, used to terrorizing the earth in all manner of sorts.

"We did stunt driving for quite a few years, broke a few records and broke my back a few times, so this is a way of taking a bit more care," says Baumann.
"Now we crush things, which is definitely less risky than jumping them - we still do jump things, but not at the Melbourne Motor Show."
The thrill it appears, comes from rolling over smaller objects like school buses or trucks like a Ford’s F 150 for instance." (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080129.022/monster-motorbike-for-motor-show)

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
To top all the monster bikes we´ve seen before:
28,660 pounds, (?) horsepower, almost 29.5ft long and more than 9.8ft high:

"The Australian monster will be on show at the Melbourne Motor Show which runs from 29 February. What’s the Australian monster, you might ask? Is it a mutant kangaroo? No. Is it perhaps a pet Tazmanian devil? Wrong again. It’s a 13 ton/28 660 pound two-wheeler devised by Ray Baumann, a man who used to make a living out of trying to stop his own living. He was a stunt driver who has also driven trains, among other lifestyle activities.

Powered by a Detroit Diesel truck engine, mated to a 6-speed Allison automatic, this thing stands almost 9 metres/ 29.5ft long and more than 3 metres/ 9.8ft high. In fact, as seen in these pics, a full grown man doesn’t even stand up to one of the Monster Motorbike’s wheels. Caterpillar provided these wheels straight from their front-end loader, a beast on its own, used to terrorizing the earth in all manner of sorts.

"We did stunt driving for quite a few years, broke a few records and broke my back a few times, so this is a way of taking a bit more care," says Baumann.
"Now we crush things, which is definitely less risky than jumping them - we still do jump things, but not at the Melbourne Motor Show."
The thrill it appears, comes from rolling over smaller objects like school buses or trucks like a Ford’s F 150 for instance." (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080129.022/monster-motorbike-for-motor-show)
I guess the most appropriate question must be "why?"

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
yup......i agree.....we're just the first to dumb down.....others will follow.....although, i'm not sure about countries like japan....they have little tolerance for mediocrity
please tell me. . . that you used all those elipses . . . . to prove. . . a point . . about how poorly some. . .people. . . are . . . able to . . type a coherent . . . grammatically correct. . . thought . . .

even if you didn't do it on purpose it's still funny. +10

Luniz82

Chimp
Jul 7, 2008

The "Red Porsche Killer", powered by four Horex motorcycle engines from the 1960s

"Dolmette", driven by quite a few Dolmar chainsaw engines (24 in total...)