Quantcast

Big Dh Frames

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Sorry for the shameless spam, I'll have a large glory 0 up for sale up late september/early october which is fairly similar in size. You get 8 inches of travel instead of 8.8, and you get a 1.5 headtube. If you still haven't found anything by then I can give you a good price for it

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Ventana El Cuervo!

If you are a fan of Turner DHR, this is a great option. They can build you a custom frame and BOOM - you're set. I may do this myself at 6'8" (stopped growing 20 years ago..)

and apparently you ay be able to get a custom build out of Sinister/FTW on an R9 - need to confirm that though.

Stock DH frames -- unless you crave an undersize ride, there really arent any XL XFR/DH frames out there. I run an 06 VPFree, but despite an expected return to the line up, SC tells me there will be no XL's.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Chumba has done custom frames before, that might be another option

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
old demo 9, ever see claw 360 that thing in 1 of the nwds thing was gigantic. also my large 303 is pretty big, but im 6 flat and have no issues so idk what that means for you

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
and apparently you ay be able to get a custom build out of Sinister/FTW on an R9 - need to confirm that though.
You can definetely get a custom L frame out of him but I don't know if it'd be an R9. Bigger frames are always easier to make than smaller ones.

Chumba, Turner, Ventana, Sinister/Frank can all make custom stuff. I think Orange and Foes can too, but that's a whole different price league, and Foes break.

A size L F5 would be pretty damn prime though. They've always fit a bit on the small side at 6'-6'1.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Turner wont maker a custom dhr, I've already asked.

The large older demo's are smaller thtn my rmx so that is out.

The geo I'd be wanting would be around,
24.5 actual toptube
17 or 18 inch seatube
64.5 degree head angle based around 585 a to c fork
13.9 bb height based around 585 a to c fork

Does anyone have any contact info for Vitox? I'm really interested in those majin frames his friend was building.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
I've changed from the Med V10 now to a Large Glory. Im 6,6'.. So im no far off you. It is plenty big enough and is a great bike to ride!

I saw earlier in the thread that you cant get the frame? Its seems strange there is quite a few for sale here in the UK, have you thought about importing?

I know it might cost you a bit more, but not as much as getting one custom built.

Hope this helped you bud..i know how u feel!

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
^^^^^^^^
Looks Like a cool ride, is it steel? I'm not sure I would like the weird chainline.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
if you are running out of options i can make up something like this with the 24.5" top tube you need, how long would you need the wheel base to be? maybe 49"?
I'm interested. Got a price? What size shock, bb, and rear wheel? How much travel? Any bigger pics?

dirtdigger

Monkey
Mar 18, 2007
N.zud
I'm interested. Got a price? What size shock, bb, and rear wheel? How much travel? Any bigger pics?
the travel with a 3" shock is 210mm and 195mm with a 2.75" shock, the frame is setup to take both (not at the same time :).

the BB is 68mm, rear wheel is 150x12

chain stays are 16.65" and with sag 17.5" to 18" and 19.25" at full travel
BB hight is around the 14" to 14.25"

heres another pic, this frame is being powder coated at the moment and can get some more pics later

at the moment the price is $1200 nzd ($860ish usd)