Quantcast

Big Foot sited at the Tree Farm?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Is this a picture of Big Foot?

Nope, just Lumberjack. Oh, oh look he's on a bike. Yup that's right Lumbi was out on a trail ride today. :rofl: no really he was.......look.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
TM they gave me a refresher coarse on basic mtb riding. Been a spell since I tried xc. EB and the rest of the group were more than gracious on the numerous times they had to wait for me. I had a blast on the down hill runs. True to the handle I laid a butt whipping on a tree but that was on the way up to the monument. But that is another story. And yes there is another empty medicinal purple bag.:)

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
Did anyone pick up your lungs for you on the trail?:)
His lungs were left at the shop, they didn't work right anyway, they just weezed dust and added weight. By the way I think June is going to be national "Invite a Lumberjack on a Ride" month.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Five my tailor ( Omar the tent maker ) suggested that if he were to make lycra shorts in my size that the poor little lycra animal would likely be put on the Endangered Species list. With that said he did point out that I had ample amouts of empty purple bags that could be used in the lycra's place. Talk about a billboard for Seagrams and CR. :cool:

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Skookum I huffed and puffed so badly I probably scared every living thing out of the area. For all that called the shop yesterday to invite the old fat fart on imaginary rides I don't think I have laughed that hard or that much in years. For all that didn't call and your bikes aren't ready please refer to the prior sentence for my excuse.:nopity:

Burrito 03

Chimp
Nov 21, 2003
Marysville, Washington
Is that edies trail? I've been riding up there several times a week lately! Never thought I would see you at such an elevation sooo high without an oxygen mask!! ha ha can't believe you are on a bike, i'll have to come so you can run down my gimpy butt!
Barret
ps I was with the dog up there last week and heard something breaking branches in the woods...

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Burrito 03 said:
..........ps I was with the dog up there last week and heard something breaking branches in the woods...
That was either the trees running away from Lumbi in the corners coming back down from the monument or the bear running away when Lumbi tried to pet it....:agree: :nonono: :nonono:

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Ok you two don't be pokin' the bear.

Snacks why would I want to drink any thing with all of those chemical additives.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
is this the 300th st tree farm, I live about 20mins north. I rode the last week, hadn't been there in a couple years.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
It's actually the Victoria Tract of the Pilchuck Tree Farm. The main feature is Victoria Hill. The "unofficial" TH is at the end of 300th since it's the easiest to find off I-5, but the main one is off 316th on the Pilchuck Glass School road.

FWIW: The locals have been complaining to the tree farm office about people parking off the road there and at 3rd at the top of the hill at the gate at what I call "the lazy man's entrance" since it get's you the closest to the Ridge Trail. Just be a little considerate about parking at those places because there are issues and the access to the private property to the right of the lower gate at the end of 300th has been blocked a few times before. Just be considerate as this is private property and we're really lucky to ride here. Closing it has come up several times over the years and increased usage for recreational purposes has a habit of making the land owners/managers a bit edgy.