Quantcast

Big hit ? A Fr option ?

Npdh

Monkey
Apr 29, 2007
Hello !

A friend of this forum told that i could ask her. I have the option of a big hit 2004 but i wanna know if this frame is a good option for Fr/jumps/dh/climbing . to do everything a little bit.

I have the option to built it with a boxxer ride 2006 or a 66sl 2006... With witch one ? Why ?

Another question, i search but without result, what is the weight of this frame ? Can i put it a Dhx air ?

That...

Thanks !

Apr 9, 2007
KC, NS, Canada
this bike will take that, kick your ass and then ask for more?

is that the kind of answer you were looking for?

they are a sweet bike, and they can take a **** load of abuse, sure you can put a dhx air, just dont blow it up.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
i love my 07 66sl, its such a nice fork once you get it setup to youre liking. Feels fine on climbs and has ata so you can adjust it for the trail quickly. At 5.7 lbs and 180 mm of travel it will be a good way to shave some weight from that bike and keep the pefermance of a DC.

myles3a

Chimp
May 20, 2006
Washington
i have a 04 big hit spec. it's sweet and can take anything! But i wouldn't get an air shox. I have one and i blow it out! Overall these bikes kick a**, i can do anything! But sometimes it is hard to climb because it's heavy. But jumping and drops and downhilling is awsome!

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
The older ones cant run a 26" rear wheel, only a 24". The argument at the time was that it would help the bike accellerate faster. I have tooled around a bit on an older one, and it was decent. The new ones are pretty cool. Depending on how you ride, you might just want to stick with a coil shock. The bike will not be great as a trail bike, but with a platorm shock (like a DHX) they pedal alright. You can abuse them pretty badly too.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I've got a 7point, and I'm running an '05 Shermann that is both coil and air. I always question when people say, "I blew out the air shock. I don't trust them," whether or not those people are actually taking care of their suspension, or just riding them.

Coil = low maintenance and a tad heavier (more burly also).

Air = higher maintenance but much lighter (typically).

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
You can get the 26" rear wheel upgrade, but how much is it? When i bought my big hit frame used it cost less then the rear swingarm upgrade.

unlocoed

Chimp
May 17, 2007
my new big hit FSR1 isn't as versitile as my old norco atomik. The frames are relatively longer and heavier. i find the fsr suspension bounces too much for pedaling/climbing. It goes down like a $2 whore tho, so i cant complain too much!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
my new big hit FSR1 isn't as versitile as my old norco atomik. The frames are relatively longer and heavier. i find the fsr suspension bounces too much for pedaling/climbing. It goes down like a $2 whore tho, so i cant complain too much!

If it bounces too much your shock is not tuned/set up correctly. The FSR is a great pedaling bike by design.