Quantcast

Big Hit race setup

simon

Chimp
Dec 15, 2006
belgium
Wel i'm new here (not new to riding) and i come from belgium. I ride a Big Hit with custom BETD link to run a 26" rear wheel.(other componets are sram x.9, hayes brakes...)

So there will (hopefully) a dorado 2003 on it and a pair of CB mallet's on it, any other suggestions.
This bike will mainly be used for Dh

BSX4ever22

Chimp
Jun 4, 2004
clayton, CA
I ride a big hit also. I will be racing it all of next season, which my friend did last year winning the semi pro overall dh champ. i have been very happy with mine. its been the best handling downhill bike i have ridden yet. here is mine pictured

Attachments

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im just curious as to what the older BH looks like with the BETD linkage from the side. I hear it makes the wheelbase around 48" or so on the medium.

simon

Chimp
Dec 15, 2006
belgium

The frame is a 2002 large.
I ve just heard that the dorado is sold to another person so another option is a 05 boxxer worldcup but i'm not a fan of 32mm stanchions(only reasons why i want to change the forks).
So my question is would a 888rc 2005 on 200mm(8inch i think) change the geometrie much, because i don't like it to high.

Pashley 24Mhz

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Belgium, Europe
Thinks I've already been a few times on the inside of that van :busted:

Didn't knew the Dorado was already sold (it might be to another mate of me, Bram with the Bullit, who had to go to hospital during the Belgian Championship...), but I'll keep an eye open for a fork :clue: . Just let me know in which price area I have to look.

simon

Chimp
Dec 15, 2006
belgium
Well price range doesn't really matter butt the dorado's where a nice chance for 300EUR(=325Dollar i think)

PS::happydance: nice to see other belgian's here, bram could pick the fork up @ dejean @antwerp and i had to wait till next week so

Luckybikes

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Dracut MA
Hey Kanter i was wrong last night when i messaured it.
From my rear drop out to my front axle is 47 inches and from the front of my front tire to the rear of my rear tire is 72.5 inches long.
Sorry about that.:poster_oops:

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
Hi Simon,

I'm the previous owner of your bike, the one with the SX trial :monkeydance:
I still have the 5th element with 215mm (8.5”) eye2eye that I used on that frame.
The Fox RC you have now is 222mm (8.75”)

The shorter shock will :
- Lower your bottom bracket
- Slacken the head angle by 1”
- Reduce the travel to 8” (with the BETD link)
- Pedal a little better with the platform shock.

Lot’s of people drill their frames to get a lower BB and a slacker headangle. The Turner DHR 'mod' is one example.
You don’t have to drill your frame because it has 9” travel and with the shorter shock it’s still 8” …plenty for Belgium , France and Germany.
You can test it, next time we go riding.

Any other monkey’s tried a shorter shock instead of drilling ?

simon

Chimp
Dec 15, 2006
belgium
Hey robin, long time no see
i'm still very happy with the bike (got 3 this season overal in junior class)
When we see eachother again i would like to try the 5th element.
Wich fork would you advice, i can get a boxxer 05 WC for a very nice price butt i'm not a big fan of boxxer's.
hope to see you soon:cheers: