Quantcast

Big Hit Spec

DR. Dirt

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
East Coast
is this bike anygood? and i have one question about the linkage, it looks like it would be hard to fit a 7 or 9 inch rear suspension on that. is this true?

thanks

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
yes, it would be very hard as you would need a longer stroke shock, thus resulting in the swingarm hitting the mainframe (since there is no linkage). talk to NitroMike about the goodness of the bike.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DR. Dirt said:
dammit, i need a good god damm bike. every one ive looked at has its bad things absout it.
In that price range, everything in the world has a bad thing or two about it.

Why do you need that much travel? Stick with the stock amount of travel and you'll be fine. Then, when you've learned a little more, you can save some money and buy a better one.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jou said:
My friend snapped his swingarm in half off a 4 ft to flat drop. So there's my opinion.
..? That's not even a useful fact. You can snap anything in half even off the tiniest drops if you've abused it up until that point. There's a million variables that contribute to frame breakage, and one snapped swingarm isn't really a useful statistic.

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
binary visions said:
..? That's not even a useful fact. You can snap anything in half even off the tiniest drops if you've abused it up until that point. There's a million variables that contribute to frame breakage, and one snapped swingarm isn't really a useful statistic.
He treated the bike well from what i saw.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jou said:
He treated the bike well from what i saw.
Doesn't really mean much.. Does he weigh a lot? Is his suspension set up correctly or does it bottom a lot? How's his riding style? Does he ride like a hack? Does he do drops to flat a lot?

I wasn't trying to be rude, but it's difficult to jump from one anecdote about a broken swingarm and no other information to it being a poor frame...

Hope your friend heals quickly!

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
He weighs 160lbs or so, he did ride it pretty hard, i don't what counts as alot of drops to flat. We do 1/2 our riding on our DH coarse(biggest is 12 ft w/tranny), and the other 1/2 in town dropping whatever we find, biggest was about 6 to flat(with a 10 ft take off, it was sweet). I'm just trying to say that I've seen one break, just to throw it out there.

DR. Dirt

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
East Coast
Nitromike said:
Done plenty of 4' and a few 5' to flats on mine and haven't broken the swingarm. :dunno:
do you like this bike?? and i have a questioin about the chain guide,
it looks like you wouldnt be able to fit a bash gard around that thing. is that true?

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
For the $800 is costs its one hell of a bike, I've had mine for a few months and have abused it in every way I can think of and the only problem I've had is with the fork, no rebound control and the rebound is way too fast

You can definitely fit a bashguard, remove the outer plate of the chainguide and adjust the rest along with the guide wheel.