Quantcast

Big mountain shreddage in Oklahoma (X-post from the Lounge)

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Here’s a few pics from our Tulsa Freeriders group ride a couple weeks ago at Cavanal Hill in Poteau, Oklahoma. It is the ‘World’s Highest Hill’ with an elevation of 1999’, one foot shy of being a mountain. So far we’ve found 2 DH trails, although there is plenty of other jeep trails around that we can hit, we just need a couple GPS’s and some walkie talkies. The runs take ~30 minutes each, and the shuttle is paved the whole way to the top. Good times………………….good times

Here’s a few pics

The crew, Steve, Joe, Denis and me

View from the takeoff point

The view looking down the first chute

The “World’s Highest Hill” marker

Joe

Denis

Me

Denis

Steve on the start chute

Me on the start chute

Denis, waaaaaaaay S T I L

yours truly, same place

Steve, same spot

View of the end about ¾ the way down, you can see the cars in between the trees

our awesome shuttle drivers

Steve, on a nice drop we found at the end

So, if anyone is ever in Oklahoma, and wants to do some downhillin’, let me know, and we’ll hit it up. I could only make 4 runs that day because my arms got soooooo pumped I couldn’t grab the back brake anymore.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
there's not enough tranny to jump from the top and gap that flat spot, it's about a 60* tranny from the ledge he's dropping off, and to be going fast enough to clear that from the top, you'd end up landing to almost flat at the bottom

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Whoa! My cousin lives in Tulsa!!!!
Now I have an excuse to go visit him.

And, is cyclist hunting a sport in OK? Or are those orange things a fashion statement?