Quantcast

Big storm coming?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 PM PST SATURDAY.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SEATTLE HAS UPGRADED THE HIGH WIND WATCH TO A WARNING FOR THE COAST EFFECTIVE THIS EVENING INTO SATURDAY EVENING.

LOCAL SOUTH WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO REACH 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 60 MPH ALONG THE NORTH AND CENTRAL WASHINGTON COAST AHEAD OF THE APPROACHING COLD FRONT THIS EVENING. STRONG WINDS WILL INCREASE AND BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD LATER TONIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING AS THE MAIN LOW MOVES INLAND. SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED
TO REACH 45 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 70 MPH.

THESE FORECAST WIND CONDITIONS MAY CAUSE TREE AND POWER LINE DAMAGE. WITH THE SOIL STILL WET AROUND WESTERN WASHINGTON...TREES WILL BE EASIER TO TOPPLE...POSSIBLY CAUSING PROPERTY DAMAGE OR INJURY. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE.
Personally I can't remember the last time I saw one of these warnings and it actually came as predicted. But I did notice the city had the snow closure signs out on First Hill.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Well my motorcycle clubs race is this Sat...:rolleyes: and we cleared a bunch of wind fal from the trails last Sat.

Guess we will be doing the same Sat AM super eary

Stupid Wind. :D

Rhino

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
RhinofromWA said:
Well my motorcycle clubs race is this Sat...:rolleyes: and we cleared a bunch of wind fal from the trails last Sat.

Guess we will be doing the same Sat AM super eary

Stupid Wind. :D

Rhino
Race with chainsaw and always race next to somebody taller than you.:p

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
The little windstorm that blew thru Tues. night knocked our power out overnight - I was a little late for work on Wed. I don't mind having to commute in the rain, etc. but when it effects my being able to wake up on time, that's when I get pissed.
Enough of this crap already!!!:mumble:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
We had a little bit of wind here, and one already crroked tree went most of the way over. The power slightly flickered a couple of times but not much else.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
What a let down. My power didnt even go off once.

I think its all a big media frenzy anyways. THose live reports are fake. The guy is jiggling the vido cable so it looks like the feed is cutting out, and they have a huge box fan to blow the reporter like a wind storm might do. But hey, at least the seahawks werent first topic on the news......

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
It made a mess up here, crap is all over, carbage cans (big concrete ones have you) signs, fences knocked over, limbs all over, but either the PSE has done some good work keeping the lines free of problem areas or we just got lucky, didn't lose power. Lost cable off and on a few times, power flickered, heard a few transformers blow (still hearing them from time to time) but thats it. Parents are without power in Woodinville...

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i hope the high winds knock out power here, so i dont have to work, that would be most desirable. the wind is probably a bit less than seattle, but ive seen a few tree branches in the street and similar stuff.

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Hey, I'm trying to remain positive here!!!
Yeah, I guess on the bright side the forecast for next week looks good (no rain!):thumb: Hope they're right...

I'm glad I got to sneak in a ride yesterday morning while it was kind of nice out

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Liquid10 said:
I'm glad I got to sneak in a ride yesterday morning while it was kind of nice out
Likewise - I even managed to hit a jump that I've been pondering for the last month. Double-bonus!:D

*edit*
Wow, looks like it's going to be busy season for roofers. I just went a few blocks to the local store and there were shingles EVERYWHERE!:eek: