Quantcast

BIG Urban, FAT gaps, and 20' drops...on a Yeti ASX?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Kornphlake said:
hey, the other one is the color I got... actually it was the color that was available when I bought it so that's what I took home. In the end it's all about riding, not about looking like a sorority girl.
Oh, but you're wrong! It's the only other thing my wife's gonna let me climb on and ride this piss out of...it's going to be prettay!

I'm actually stuck between the Orange and that funky "gravel" color. They call it "green", but it looks khaki or tan, got any high-res or sunny pics of it?
For you guys with the flat black bikes, clean 'em up really, really good and hit them with a no-gloss or satin clear coat, the mud will slide right off and you'll never see the coat, not to mention it will fight off scratches. Another trick is to coat the bike down in Pam cooking spray before a day in the grime, it'll literally slide off the bike as you ride!
OK, I seem to have a little time on my hands with the broken arm and no work, so I actually sat and took pics of my pics with the digi cam! Now, it's a 12 dollar digi ca,m from Wally World, so let's not gripe about the quality, kay? I'm surprised it even worked!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Kornphlake said:
hey, the other one is the color I got... actually it was the color that was available when I bought it so that's what I took home. In the end it's all about riding, not about looking like a sorority girl.
Oh, but you're wrong! It's the only other thing my wife's gonna let me climb on and ride this piss out of...it's going to be prettay!

I'm actually stuck between the Orange and that funky "gravel" color. They call it "green", but it looks khaki or tan, got any high-res or sunny pics of it?
For you guys with the flat black bikes, clean 'em up really, really good and hit them with a no-gloss or satin clear coat, the mud will slide right off and you'll never see the coat, not to mention it will fight off scratches. Another trick is to coat the bike down in Pam cooking spray before a day in the grime, it'll literally slide off the bike as you ride!
OK, I seem to have a little time on my hands with the broken arm and no work, so I actually sat and took pics of my pics with the digi cam! Now, it's a 12 dollar digi cam from Wally World, so let's not gripe about the quality, kay? I'm surprised it even worked!

These are pics of first myself hitting the "Island Drop." It's about a 12 to 16 footer depending on how fast you go and where you land down the really short tranny! I think it is more of a gap than a drop as you have to HAUL ASS and clear about 8 feet of flatbottom.
Last one is my boy Adam...on his Giant STP hardtail making me look stoopid. He's an old BMXer and their solution to fear is to go really, really fast! Dork boy actually managed to over shoot the 8' of flat AND the 10' of tranny and land the front wheel on FLAT! Taco'd the steerer tube in a Z150 FR! Funny... :D

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
OK, THEN I got so bored I decided I could crank up the brightness on the TV and take pics of my videos! It worked..um...well, it worked. Doesn't show jack, but I have to do SOMETHING to show I ain't posin'! Believe it or not, this actually has 14' of actual vert, 5' of flat, then 50' of steep stransition...that I bounced on once to land on my face at the bottom. So, technically, I did a 70 foot drop with a tailtap at the 21' mark and only fudged the landing a bit. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, got it? :p
I tried to do a sequence thing so you could KINDA' get an idea on it...notice I "forgot" to add the "landing?" heehee...

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
mine

On my monitor the color is pretty close to real life, it's much more green than brown as in other pictures, but much more brown than green as in some pictures.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
SkaredShtles said:
Who cares if a bike looks clean? :confused: :think:

-S.S.-
:help:

OK, if something "looks clean" it means it's light and tight, not covered in useless junk...ie STICKERS. Good gawd I hafriggin hate stickered up bikes. Wanna be an out-of-date hippie? BUY A VAN and put stickers all over it!
My hatred for stickers coincides with liking to see bikes washed up and thoroughly cleaned for several reasons.
1; Able to spot stress cracks or weld failures. Can't see that through 1500 vinyl decals or a layer of grime.
2;If you are running around on a grundgy bike it means two things: you don't love your bike and that there is as much grime in all of your components(chains, bearings, brakes, deraileurs) as there is eating away at your paint. Good luck selling a bike no one ever sees clean.
Besides, who wants to wake up with the desire for a quick, unhindered ride and you gotta eat crap as it flies off your bike for 3 blocks?