Quantcast

Bigfoot Race and Mud don't mix

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Fellas, keep checking the weather. If we get rain through Saturday morning, like we are expected to, there is no way Bigfoot can go off on Sunday. As most of you know, Bigfoot is red clay and it doesn't dry too fast in 60-70 degree weather.

Keep checking here for updates.

However, Spoke80 and I have worked a lot out there this week to get things prepped and its riding really fast and fun. The new section is great. I see a lot of passing in there. There are 3 very distinct lines. Each about as face as the other.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
Fellas, keep checking the weather. If we get rain through Saturday morning, like we are expected to, there is no way Bigfoot can go off on Sunday. As most of you know, Bigfoot is red clay and it doesn't dry too fast in 60-70 degree weather.

However, Spoke80 and I have worked a lot out there this week to get things prepped and its riding really fast and fun. The new section is great. I see a lot of passing in there. There are 3 very distinct lines. Each about as face as the other.

FU<K!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm really over this weekend rain.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
profro said:

Whats the zip code of Bigfoot so I can check out Weather.com

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
FCLinder said:
Whats the zip code of Bigfoot so I can check out Weather.com

Local weather station: www.wbir.com

the doppler radars are located at the airport (south of town) and in Morristown (north and east of town)

IF we get 2 inshes of rain between Friday and Saturday as forecasted then you can forget about Bigfoot until Tuesday.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
FCLinder said:
I was looking forward to riding the course again that took me out of racing for so long. I have to kill the Demons!!!!! Hope the weather holds off.
The only thing left from the course that took you out is the step-up hip and the giagantic table at the bottom. Otherwise everything is completely different.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
an absolute ton of work has gone into both venues, to be perfect for this weekend.

as of last night, windrock was beyond perfect.
as i'm sure bigfoot was too.

next year we'll have to start doing all this stuff in early may.
aprils weather is just not stabilized enough.

FCLinder said:
I was looking forward to riding the course again that took me out of racing for so long. I have to kill the Demons!!!!! Hope the weather holds off.
didn't you just smack your head there? Yeah that's right, you got the snot concussed out of you. I won't make light of that.

My last race there, I got a cut soo bad I had to get 15 stitches. The fat was creeping out of my arm.

Beter than a manpon though.

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
doug,so whats the word as of friday morning, should we leave the mtnx bikes at home and just try and ride windrock when it dries out.:mad:

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Looks like a line of thunderstorms moving in friday night and then rain saturday. I would still like to get a semi-organized rain ticket for next weekend. What do you guys want to do? Post a time Doug!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Red clay is a different story. A ball of clay about the size of a basketball would form at your chainstay/bb area and around your brake arch. Plus, and more importantly, we would destroy the course. Its not canceled yet and I'll work hard to get it ready for Sunday. But lets see how much rain we are going to get Friday night. They are calling for localized flooding in some places.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
Red clay is a different story. A ball of clay about the size of a basketball would form at your chainstay/bb area and around your brake arch. Plus, and more importantly, we would destroy the course. Its not canceled yet and I'll work hard to get it ready for Sunday. But lets see how much rain we are going to get Friday night. They are calling for localized flooding in some places.
good call

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
jet said:
didn't you just smack your head there? Yeah that's right, you got the snot concussed out of you. I won't make light of that. QUOTE]

I did a little more than that. Tried to clear the old triple in practice and cased the 3rd jump. I knocked my self out, broke my right wrist, and Fed my right knee up. I didn't know how bad my knee was till I tried to race again at the end of the year. It hurt so bad to pedal. Went to the doctor and he said I had to stay of the bike till after surgery. Surgery was just over a year ago. I am so glad to be back.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
FCLinder said:
jet said:
didn't you just smack your head there? Yeah that's right, you got the snot concussed out of you. I won't make light of that. QUOTE]

I did a little more than that. Tried to clear the old triple in practice and cased the 3rd jump. I knocked my self out, broke my right wrist, and Fed my right knee up. I didn't know how bad my knee was till I tried to race again at the end of the year. It hurt so bad to pedal. Went to the doctor and he said I had to stay of the bike till after surgery. Surgery was just over a year ago. I am so glad to be back.
Where did this happen?

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Jet: Yo man, "elbow pads"?...... Although scars are masculine....

Bigfoot: Red clay sucks "bigtime" .. I hate red clay,you guys might want to forget it & pop in the dvd's this weekend.....

I'm off to the beach for a week...............................

Attachments

parson153

Chimp
Oct 10, 2005
doug, what are you doing for insurance, i'd like for everyone to come up to lindsey wilson. our course is better than its ever been. I just need to know what to do for insurance.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
parson153 said:
doug, what are you doing for insurance, i'd like for everyone to come up to lindsey wilson. our course is better than its ever been. I just need to know what to do for insurance.

We weren't doing anything for insurance. We not having any entry fee, no liscense, no points, no prizes. Sorta like a group ride.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
So far we haven't seen any rain at Bigfoot. Windrock got hammered with heavy wind and rain. It blew through WR pretty quick, so not a lot of rain. There are more storms coming down the pipe, but I'd say right now we are still on for Sunday.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Well folks, I don't think its going to happen. We got close to 1.85" of rain over night and the sun is not expected until late this afternoon. I'm heading over to the track this morning and I'll check it out. Check back later. We may push it back to late Sunday afternoon.