Aug 13, 2005
alright i have a Epic frame (medium)
1) crossmax
2) hutch. tubless tires
3) xtr cranks
4) xtr brakes
5) xtr brake lever, not dual control
6) xtr shifter front and rear
7) xtr rear, and front Deralliur (can't spell that word)
8) shimano PD-M959
8) xtr cassette
9) reba air World cup
10) ritchy stem WC
11) ritchy carbon flat bar wc handlebars
12) ritchy carbon wc seatpost
13) rocket V TI
14) chrissking Headset

is this like toco bell say's "good to go"?

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
zmtber said:
7) xtr rear, and front Deralliur (can't spell that word)

is this like toco bell say's "good to go"?
Just say mech.

What is wrong with this setup exactly? I do not know much about the frame. You want to lighten things up? In my book, I have never had issues (mechanically) with Shimano. Sooo, what exactly is wrong?

EDIT: All looks good.....took me a second look. Need another beer.

EDIT Part 2: I have always had great luck with XT grade stuff. It is a little heavier here and there. Apparently you are building a racing rig, cool. Not trying to meddle...just thinking you could save a few bucks. Use that money for an extra wheelset. Whatever, you know?

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
thanks alot, my porb. was shimano vs. sram, i have always liked shimano, so i have decided to go with them. Ill post pics ASA I can.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Looks like it is more than good to go so why the post? I mean you can't get much more bling or high end than what you've listed in your spec list.

Post a photo of said bike when you get it complete so we can see all that XTR bling.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
the build looks pretty good. personally i would go with a better set of hubs and whatever the tubeless mavic xc rim is. im not a fan of mavic hubs but then again its not my bike. i would also go with a sid instead of the reba because i believe the frame is designed around an 80mm fork and you will also save some weight there. and i would go with a thomson stem and post with easton carbon bars but thats just me. youve still got quite the solid build so it will probably quite the racing machine when its all done.
zmtber said:
(can't spell that word)
anyone else find some irony in that post?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
gnurider1080 said:
a sid instead of the reba because i believe the frame is designed around an 80mm fork
You can drop the Reba's to 85mm travel and the a/c is fairly short...I had one in that setting.

If you weigh more than 140lbs and aren't strictly racing on the bike, for the love of god, do not get a SID.

AustinM

Chimp
Feb 22, 2005
it does look kinda squishy, (the way the suspension linkage is set up.)

As for fork, if your going for a racing bike maybe look at the new R7, I've loved my skareb and the R7 is suppose to be a lighter, stiffer, smoother skareb.