Quantcast

Bike Color

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
im still deciding on the color for my new cortina...its between flat white all around or flo green (factory kawasaki colors) with a polished swingarm...im not sure if i want flashy or subtle...decisions, decisions

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
i dont think my set of red gear will go too well with it..thankfully my best buddy rides for fox:rolleyes:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
my friends old cortina extream8 is the same color and it looks pretty sick..im pretty sure i might go with that...my buddies new tritons are already white so i might as well be different

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
wydopen said:
my friends old cortina extream8 is the same color and it looks pretty sick..im pretty sure i might go with that...my buddies new tritons are already white so i might as well be different
Yeah paint it like Brian's old DH8, except see if you can find a glossier green with more metal flake, and polish the swingarm (like his triton). That would look sick! :drool:

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I dunno about the silver and green. All green would be sweet, maybe with silver linkage plates, but a silver rear end just seems like it would look kind of goofy or give it that "pieced together" kind of look. If that floats your boat, then by all means do it, but my opinion is to avoid radically different colored front and rear ends.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Bldr_DH said:
I dunno about the silver and green. All green would be sweet, maybe with silver linkage plates, but a silver rear end just seems like it would look kind of goofy or give it that "pieced together" kind of look. If that floats your boat, then by all means do it, but my opinion is to avoid radically different colored front and rear ends.
no linkage..its a singlepivot

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
SBDHrida said:
Yeah paint it like Brian's old DH8, except see if you can find a glossier green with more metal flake, and polish the swingarm (like his triton). That would look sick! :drool:
who is this????...have u seen brians cromo triton..its badass
he was going for flo green on the extream8 but it didnt really turn out right...my honda might not like me though if i go kawi on my dh bike

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Bldr_DH said:
Er... yeah, I was thinking the DHE8... my bad :p

My thoughts still stand.

i feel ya but i think all green would be too much...also i want the moto look w/ a polished swingarm....my buddies cortina ht is rattlecanned contstruction orange and it looks good...that might be an option as well

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
wydopen said:
who is this????...have u seen brians cromo triton..its badass
he was going for flo green on the extream8 but it didnt really turn out right...my honda might not like me though if i go kawi on my dh bike
This is Natt. I think I met you in Truckee (you stopped in cyclepaths were I was working over the summer for a Dorado ceil). I was on the Cortina grassroots. Yeah I've seen Brians cromo triton, and it is pretty sick. I like the alum front triangle alot too though. which one are you getting.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
yeah I'm on a V10 now (after the headtube can-openered on my DH8). Also Cyclepaths put me on their team, so I can get pretty good prices on everything when you combine the employee discount with the team member discount. That bike should be sick. I still think the Triton is a really sick bike. I'm really pleased with the way it came out. Should be fun.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
me too im stoked..i actually saw your parents at mammoth...i was talking to them with dan