Quantcast

bike rack on motorcycle example spotted

here you go... check it out opie man... lets build some... if we get a bunch of raw material, my housemate is a metal guy, with welder and we can look at these pics and our bikes and fab something!

it was cool

the rally was good. i took my buddy who looks (i think) like angelina jolie... but hey, that is just my opinion... she rode her 2004 sporty 883 and did good. she scrapped the heck on the pipes. we did 700 miles. cameron pass, willow creek pass, gore pass, mcclure pass on the way out, and way home was mcclure pass, indepenance pass, freemont pass and bloody nasty stupid I70 traffic jams...

Attachments

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
BarbaRosa said:
here you go... check it out opie man... lets build some... if we get a bunch of raw material, my housemate is a metal guy, with welder and we can look at these pics and our bikes and fab something!
awesome! Have him look at the pics and see if he thinks it's do-able?

BarbaRosa said:
the rally was good. i took my buddy who looks (i think) like angelina jolie... but hey, that is just my opinion... she rode her 2004 sporty 883 and did good. she scrapped the heck on the pipes. we did 700 miles. cameron pass, willow creek pass, gore pass, mcclure pass on the way out, and way home was mcclure pass, indepenance pass, freemont pass and bloody nasty stupid I70 traffic jams...
How is she your buddy if she looks like jolie? Is she straight or bi and single? If so, hook a :monkey: up :evil:

883? Isn't that a Harley? If so,was the bike well received at a BMW festival?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
My friend made one a few years ago with Thule parts - his was better than that one cause the weight is less off the back end of the bike.

He said the next one he makes is going to be a motorcycle trailer type rack...

it is a bmw rally but yes, all makes are welcome.

and bobby is single at the moment... look for a 27 yr old in fort collins and find her on your own terms... i am not going to play match maker for her... she is a buddy cause we make better friends then lovers... my quirks and her quirks miss.. but, we are best friends and that is what is important. besides, best thing about best friends that were once lovers is there are not many secrets or hibitions... we just hang out alot. hell, she lets me take the harley once a week out so my kid can get hooked. it is 'rent' for keeping it in my garage.... my 6 yr old fits on the sporty better then she fits on my airhead and my daughter loves riding it... it is cute/funny cause my kid has a very big skull... like me, so this little 70 pound kid with an adult medium dirt bike helmet! she looks like a weeble.

any way, how was your bike ride up the divide? ...

syadasti said:
My friend made one a few years ago with Thule parts - his was better than that one cause the weight is less off the back end of the bike.

He said the next one he makes is going to be a motorcycle trailer type rack...

yeah perhaps but.... this guy rode the thing up from florida... to colorado. he used all the space of the back seat for gear tent spare front tire to his motorcycle and all, plus he had the alum can side bags... so, this particular rig alows for travle with tent.. as in ride a motorcycle out to fruitia or moab with gear and bike too.... i would say i like that idea... but hey, all is good

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The further the rack is from the CG the worse the handling will be - Bill used that rack for many years and it still works fine - he has room for saddle bags and they are mounted in the photo.

He's going to the trailer idea to improve handling