Quantcast

bike related content: spokeless wheels

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I'm not sure why designers feel as though they must constantly molest the cycling world with their idiotic and useless bike designs, since there are few machines in this world which require less improvement. - Bikesnobnyc

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I like the one that connects near where the wheel touches the ground better. Who cares if it doesn't really exist yet. Obviously it's possible. That bmx rendering, or whatever it is, has the potential to make a pretty sick single pivot dh bike... Especially if you ditch the one sided swingarm thing.
Sure there would be tons of problems with mud, but if it could be sealed, it could shave some weight and work quite elegantly with one of the gearbox things goin out there..

pencil_sr

Chimp
Feb 2, 2010
Utah
My uncle has a Christini AWD bike, and using similar drive technology i think the BMX concept that Bushwhacker posted the link to could definitely be made into a reality.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road

This would be terrible on a mountain bike. Every narrow rocky section would be smashing the frame and fork to death.
The Yale bike keeps the footprint small, but I suspect that it really is FLEXY.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I think the BMX concept that Bushwhacker posted the link to could definitely be made into a reality.
You're kidding right?

Shaft drive is spongy, heavy, and rife with reliability issues. The slightest ding in that rim would cause it to bind. Any serious bmxer would bend the **** out of the fork and rear stay in about a day.