Quantcast

Bike Related - Kick Ass Bike Ride (Saturday)

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
I figured we could use some more bike related threads going today, so here I go.

Saturday, the Front Range was Blessed with great weather, dry trails, and so we headed up to Evergreen.

We rode Bergan Peak, anyone who has rode it knows, it aint no pleasure cruise. The ride was awesome!!. I cleaned pretty much the whole thing, a few dabs at the water bars, and of course had to walk up a sort section, that is super steep and has waterbars about every 6-8 feet. But other than that, it was bliss.

Anyways it was a kick ass ride, the first time, I have had that much 1) confidence riding and 2) skill, both physical and technical. I hope that this is only a sign of things to come. We will be in Moab next Friday the 21st, so gotta be in prime ridding shape.

I guess training in the winter pays off. Of course it helps that I have stopped smoking and cut the drinking way back, which is a huge step for me.

Hope you all had kick ass rides this past weekend and for the upcoming week.

No get out there and ride. :monkey:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Last August I rode Bergen Peak with Squeak and friend, lots and lots of switchbacks!!

The section your talking about is called the six pack, 6 waterbars in a row in a steep sections, we tried that section over an over but could not make it farther the the second and third waterbar!!

Cool stuff!

Here's a pic of Squeak!

Attachments

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
Originally posted by Jozz
Last August I rode Bergen Peak with Squeak and friend, lots and lots of switchbacks!!

The section your talking about is called the six pack, 6 waterbars in a row in a steep sections, we tried that section over an over but could not make it farther the the second and third waterbar!!

Cool stuff!

Here's a pic of Squeak!
Sweet. Yeah I new it had some name, other than what we named it. :p

Of course after the ride we headed to the Handlebar & Grill for some major grub and drink after the ride, well worth it.

:thumb:

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Good to hear that Bergen is clear! Might have to hit that this weekend. I rode Chimney Gulch to Windy Saddle to Apex and back on Friday. It was saweeeeeeet!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by 5cents
Of course it helps that I have stopped smoking and cut the drinking way back, which is a huge step for me.
We rode in Boulder last year & we felt like smokers due to the lack of o2 & the local :monkey: 's rode circles around us. Sounds like a kick ass ride, i love the feeling when you can tell your skill & fitness level is progressing. :thumb: