Quantcast

Bike-Related Police Brutality?

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
Or is it resisting arrest? Well, either way it IS bike related.

Video: Cop Punches Woman In Face Four Times During Arrest For Riding A Bike

When I initially watched the video, I thought that the lady, who was riding her bike on the sidewalk (oh, the horrors!), hit the cop. But a second viewing makes it clear. The reason the cop jumped back was because he sprayed himself in the face with pepper spray. Nice.

Enjoy.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I don't think you can really judge without being there if the cop was justified in punching the woman in handcuffs four times.

The video doesn't tell the whole story, you have to understand that the cop felt threatened.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I don't think you can really judge without being there if the cop was justified in punching the woman in handcuffs four times.

The video doesn't tell the whole story, you have to understand that the cop felt threatened.
Apparently the cop was more of a threat to himself since he pepper sprayed himself

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
She certainly resisted arrest, why she was being arrested is a bigger question. Maybe the cop thought her use of a double negative was an admission of wrongdoing.

“I’m not doing nothing! I’m not doing nothing,”
The fact he maced himself is ****ing hilarious. Too bad he didn't have a tazer.

Drogo resigned from the police department in October for undisclosed reasons
Undisclosed=he was laughed out of the force for macing himself.

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I can't think of any circumstance that would've made that moral or legal once I've read the background on this...again, the video alone could hide some facts, like a concealed weapon she was attempting reach while the officers cuffed her. No justifying circumstances have come forth from the officer, even though he was making a long statement that dances around the actual issue at hand--seems pretty clear the officer just punched her in the face; one could surmise it was intended as revenge at being covered in OC, although the facts aren't totally clear.

That doesn't mean she's innocent of resisting arrest or any of the other charges, or not a dirtbag in general, but if it's the case, it does and should make Drogo liable to criminal action and a constitutional tort for his assault.

He claims in his statement that he was so fogged by the OC that he couldn't see or function--what, then, gave him sufficient knowledge that the woman presented a threat to the other two officers that he needed to punch her in the face? I didn't hear them call for help or anything, though they were obviously having a hell of a wrestle with her...

However, as Drogo says, he's eligible for the same due process as anyone else in the US legal system, so he should have his day(s) in (civil and/or criminal) court where he can defend himself and his actions. Just 'cuz I can't imagine why it was justified doesn't mean my guessing is the definitive judgement on the issue.

MD