Quantcast

Bike stolen in B-Ham area

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Just a heads up...I know a girl who had her downhill bike stolen last week on her way up to Whistler. She was at Subway in B-ham sitting where she could see her bike...got up to get re-fill on her drink and came back and it was gone! So, keep your eyes open for a red Specialized Big Hit!

I HATE THIEVES!!! :nuts:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
was it on a rack or something?

people think I'm overly paranoid about my bike. never leave it anywhere. don't wanna go in the store with the other riders and leave my bike alone, have to sit where I can see it and never take my eyes off it...etc.

but it's worth it to me. it takes SECONDS and your bikes gone.

I too, hate thieves!!! :nuts:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
pnj said:
was it on a rack or something?

people think I'm overly paranoid about my bike. never leave it anywhere. don't wanna go in the store with the other riders and leave my bike alone, have to sit where I can see it and never take my eyes off it...etc.

but it's worth it to me. it takes SECONDS and your bikes gone.

I too, hate thieves!!! :nuts:
Yep, I told my Ethan last night that we have to have our bikes locked up at all times for that very reason!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I've heard of people having their road bikes stolen OFF the top of the car. the theives cut the roof rack off....

when I think about maybe riding my bike one mile to the store near my house for beer or whatever, I usually end up driving because I don't trust leaving my bike outside. with a five and six MM allen wrench, one could take my front end apart in under a minute.....
as I said, it takes SECONDS and you could be out of a bike or parts....

gotnoname19

Monkey
Apr 4, 2005
Bellingham, Washington
ya, stealing sucks. Anyway, give some more details about the bike and us BHAM locals will keep our eyes peeled. I am not going to go up to just anyone on a red bighit and acuse them. What is the year and full componentry list?

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
They found the thieves bike in the woods behind the store. SOB!! I would like to play their neck like a flute!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
stacy1 said:
They found the thieves bike in the woods behind the store. SOB!! I would like to play their neck like a flute!
Did she take his bike (or should I see who's ever bike he stole)!?! She said it was a Rocky Mountain or something!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
gotnoname19 said:
ya, stealing sucks. Anyway, give some more details about the bike and us BHAM locals will keep our eyes peeled. I am not going to go up to just anyone on a red bighit and acuse them. What is the year and full componentry list?
I'm not sure what components or year it was. Stacy1....do you know?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
stacy1 said:
Fingerprint that sucker even if you have to do so yourself with powdered graphite and clear packing tape from WalMart! Then, if you have the time, lie in wait with a tire iron for the polesmoker to come back for his own ride. :angry:

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
From what I remember red big hit, super T w/ hayes brakes. I guess they found his bike behind a dumster w/ a bag, cutters in it and other goods to steal with, Keep your eyes open up there in B-ham it would be nice to catch one of these bastards and make an example of him.

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
Was this the Subway on sammish, right next to Lemongrass thai? If so, that whole stretch of road is lined with meth heads. All (5-6+) those no name hotels/motels are dealing grounds, same goes for "Septic Acres", one of the finer trailer parks right on the hill behind subway. I'll keep my eyes peeled.