Quantcast

Bike Trailors

the diner

Monkey
Jun 19, 2006
Davidson, NC
So we had been throwing around the idea to get a trailer to carry our bikes and crap when goin on big race/ride trips. Does anyone have any ideas, examples, pics of trailers they have seen or had that would be a good way to organize and actually secure the bikes and etc.

mason1

Chimp
Mar 17, 2007
in my own little world
here's a few pics from the team trailer from my school, its pretty tight with all our bikes in there, and thats not counting the 8 bikes on the van's roof racks. here ya go

Usually its full enough that we put them in so they are spaced by tires, and then either a tie-down strap, or the door (depending on how full), will keep them from moving.

the diner

Monkey
Jun 19, 2006
Davidson, NC
gonefirefightin that is a sweet seat up with that like tiny shop in the back.
There is only like 6 of us so i dont think we will need anything that big but y'alls setup look pretty sick

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'm liking Mason's team trailer. The idea of an enclosed & lockable trailer is simple and functional.

My van space is taken up by bikes and parts. One of these trailers would suit. I'm off to the drawing board...

Oh yeah, I'm also liking Thrillseeka's avitar.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I dunno about the "on and off in 5" with all that twine tied everywhere. Looks like a pain... Unless you get free twine and can just cut it off each time!

Just some ideas to keep in mind if building your own...The two biggest concerns I had were that the bikes don't touch each other under any conditions after having an axle stub chew all the way through a new rotor on a 14 hour trek. The second was that they stay there under any condition but a rollover. And 20 miles into our first roadtrip with it we smoked a badger. Hit it with every tire on the right side of our bike train and ALMOST flipped the trailer! Bikes stayed put and no contact. I was happy!

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Twine? Theres two ropes on each side, looped on one end and truckies knot on the other, someone decent with ropes can have that babie rustled up real quick.