Quantcast

Bikes for tall people?????????

Dr.phillerup

Chimp
Aug 27, 2009
I am looking for information on high quality freeride bikes that come in sizes to fit my 6'6" frame. I picked up a scott nitrous 20 cause it fit, but I'vebeen having nothing but problems with it. I don't know if I should keep upgrading this or if there are better bikes out there to start with

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
I'm selling a large 05 turner dhr. It was too big for me at 6'1'', which was a problem with those years. They've since made the old large the new xl.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I'm 6'6" as well. I have found that I need a bike with a TTT of 24.5" and a 50mm stem (~620mm) in order to start feeling comfortable. I can run a shorter TTT, but with a longer stem. ~670mm seems to be something of a magic number for me (TTT + stem) I'm on a Sinister Splinter. Check the SX Trail, the Turner stuff, Transition Blindside feels bigger, Evil Revolt comes in XL, Giant Glory is HUGE. They are out there, just gotta look!

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
Specialized XL bikes are pretty big. I'm 6'3" and when I stand the my Enduro on the rear wheel it's just as tall as me.

I think you'll want something with a Wheelbase between 1100 and 1200. It's a nice wheelbase for gaining stable speeds on fireroads and singletracks.