Quantcast

Biking on Memorial Day?

What kind of biking are you doing on Memorial Day?

• Big XC ride

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Gnarly DH ride

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Mellow road ride

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Ride with family in park

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Surf RM and watch Braveheart for the 54th time.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I'm working today, you sons of btches

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
2 papers, a presentation, and final project for a bull**** class. I won't be riding until summer begins.

Fortunately I spent the entire weekend and last weekend backpacking and road tripping throughout northern California.

The Ito

J

JRB

I screwed around and waited on my brother in law to call back so Julie could hang with him during a ride for me. I cancelled. Going to get a friend at the airport and then hope to do an urban ride.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'm working 1/2 day. Getting ready to go ride a "big xc ride" in the next hour or so but like Narlus I don't think a 1-2 hour ride is all that big but it was the closest option.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did about an hour and a half MTB ride with Tweek. It was 93 degrees and humid and I decided to go singlespeed. I suffered but it was good to be back to one gear again :)

I'm playing yard slave this weekend planting the vegetable garden. Went into town last night on the three speed for a beer run and some general wandering on the way back - that old bike is a lot of work pedaling up hills.

Hope to get out for some XC this weekend - we'll see...

J

Edit:

Actually got a ride in! Nice crop of mosquitos and deer flies out there...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will go to the park with the fam later. I didn't get to ride on Saturday on the count of rain. Will make up for it next weekend I home.

I hope to get a training ride in tonight too.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Did about an hour and a half MTB ride with Tweek. It was 93 degrees and humid and I decided to go singlespeed. I suffered but it was good to be back to one gear again :)
:thumb: Congrats. We ordered the wrong size spokes :mumble: so I can't ride my SS tonight :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Hard to believe you were back from The US Open in time to squeeze in a ride!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I had to work this evening, but I just spent three glorious days camping in George Washington national forrest riding pristine ST :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yet another quality PNW river forest ride. Little sloppy and wet, with slick bridges, roots, and rocks. Par for the course.

Next week i hope to finally bag the vaunted McKenzie River Trail.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Spent all day Whistler for the first time this year. It was in prime condition, and besides crashing twice and putting a huge dent in my rear rim, I had a blast. Now we'll see how I feel in the morning.

L

luelling

I prerode one of our endurance race courses (getting prep'd for the race)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Yet another quality PNW river forest ride. Little sloppy and wet, with slick bridges, roots, and rocks. Par for the course.

Next week i hope to finally bag the vaunted McKenzie River Trail.
Dude, we need to talk!