Quantcast

Billy Corgan Onion Interview

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Bwahhhhhh @ the fact that you believed something from The Onion.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
It is in the AV club interview section.
Bwahhhhhhh @ that you believed something from The Onion.

J/K It's a shame they're gonna try to make a comeback. I got my money on the fact that they're gonna suck like all the other "alternative" rock bands out there now.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The only good Pumpkins album was Gish. After Billy cut his hair they sucked. Well, OK... it was only Billy that sucked but you get the idea.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ciaran said:
The only good Pumpkins album was Gish. After Billy cut his hair they sucked. Well, OK... it was only Billy that sucked but you get the idea.
I guess money and adoration from fans will turn you into a freak and a moron. I don't have either, but it wouldn't take much to push me over that edge.
:dancing:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ciaran said:
When they got Kenny Aronof (used to play for John Mellencamp) to drum for them I thought that was a bit weird. Weird as in lame.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
When they got Kenny Aronof (used to play for John Mellencamp) to drum for them I thought that was a bit weird. Weird as in lame.
Yeah, I can understand why Chamberlain had to go (heroin) but there are many drummers they could have picked up, even on a temp basis. I think Corgan just got all megalomaniacal. James Iha was a decent guitar player and did good work, he got gyped. The girl was an OK bass player but they didn't have anything too complex anyway.

I liked Gish, it had an edge to it. After that it was all soft and flowy.. lalala... I am billy corgan... la la la.. look at me, I'm deep.... let me tell you why life sucks... la la la...

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage", yeah right... what rage? Billy, you know nothing of rage.

Ack :blah:

WhiteRavenKS said:
hmm... ok, i guess everyone is hatin on corgan/pumpkins/whatever now. leaves more enjoyment for me to have then and im fine with that.
Nah man, I'm not hatin on the Pumpkins... Just Billy.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
WhiteRavenKS said:
hmm... ok, i guess everyone is hatin on corgan/pumpkins/whatever now. leaves more enjoyment for me to have then and im fine with that.
Actually, I'm about the only person I know that has admitted to liking the Pumpkins for some reason, but c'mon Billy, you know what capes did for Elvis.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
like shooting fish in a barrel?

no, i actually have a good amount of happy things to think about while listening to that album. but i still dont have a walk in humadoor... or however the hell you spell that.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i remember getting Gish all those years back and goin damn that's some good pop rock(aka alternative). Getting a look at the cover and goin hey cool there's a chick in the band too. Looking at the lead singer thinkin he looked like some goth rock dude.
Really i never liked anything after Gish myself, although some tracks make me tap my feet, but that's really neither here nor there.....
What i really wonder is how the hell did Billy Corgan wind up lookin like Uncle Fester?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
The real question is who would win in a battle of egos - Corgan or Reznor?
Neither seems to realize that that are not nearly as talented or important as they think they are.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Mackie said:
The real question is who would win in a battle of egos - Corgan or Reznor?
Neither seems to realize that that are not nearly as talented or important as they think they are.

Celebrity Bitch Slap Death Match. Who would you pick to win Billy or Trent?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
at least trent's got decent taste in covers ("dead souls").

can't say i like either band though. the only pumpkins thing i've got is their "tristessa" single, which actually isn't too bad iirc. i did see them pre-fame, at TT the Bears in cambridge. goddamn that show was blistering hot. as in temperature. superchunk and another good band were also on the bill.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
yeah i love how everyone hates the pumpkins but that wasn't that case back in the nineties... Like Limp Bizkit. Just because fred durst turned into a jerkoff doesn't mean everyone has to jump on the they suck BW when 3$B was a ****ing brilliant album when it came out.

And as far as Trent Reznor, it takes a true armchair musician to diss that man's catalog. Ego notwithstanding, you're wasting your time trying to be anti and saying he's not at the very least talented at arranging music...

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
clancy98 said:
yeah i love how everyone hates the pumpkins but that wasn't that case back in the nineties... Like Limp Bizkit. Just because fred durst turned into a jerkoff doesn't mean everyone has to jump on the they suck BW when 3$B was a ****ing brilliant album when it came out.
Sorry, i just couldn't continue to read your post after you said something about Lip Bizkit being brilliant........:think: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
then you obviously DID NOT read my post captain comprehension...

maybe the bigger letters will help... Or we could just hang a chalkboard around your neck...

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
clancy98 said:
then you obviously DID NOT read my post captain comprehension...

maybe the bigger letters will help... Or we could just hang a chalkboard around your neck...
Nope, I'm quite sure that the problem is yours.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
hey everyone, we know what the ****ing onion is.

If you guys knew anything about it, you wouldn't "still" be trying to tell us this is a "fake" article

Mackie is sooo punk rock. Here hold my latte mackie, we'll bring that "Boy Sets Fire" CD back out

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
clancy98 said:
hey everyone, we know what the ****ing onion is.

If you guys knew anything about it, you wouldn't "still" be trying to tell us this is a "fake" article

Mackie is sooo punk rock. Here hold my latte mackie, we'll bring that "Boy Sets Fire" CD back out
Hold your own latte. Or get me a black coffee. You don't know me, I may be more or less punk rock than you. I've seen Boy Sets Fire - lots of energy - but that was a few years ago. Not my favorite kind of music, but i dig it sometimes. I'm sure that makes me less cool than you.:rolleyes:
Punk rock? Yeah, you don't know me.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
narlus said:
it's obvious that he sustained severe and irreversible psychological damage as a result of listening to limp bizkit.

didn't EVERYONE sustain just a little from it?

Three Dollar Bill, Yall$!

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Post captain comprehension? Black coffee? Limp Bizkit?

What in THE hell is going on here?!
no, thats "Post, captain comprehension!"

my punctuation is to blame here, lets not take it out on late 90's rap rock bands!

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
well then you're mostly safe, but nookie is one of the more damaging ones

edit: and also not from the three dollar bill CD

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
None of this crap is worth the argument.

Corgan is a self-important guy. As long as he makes him happy, the more power to him. I won't listen to his whiney music though.
"It was shocking to see Nirvana play, because it was like, "Here's this little guy with a monster-guitar sound." And it was heavier than Black Sabbath. That was shocking."

Riiiiggghht....

Reznor is a well dressed new-waver.

Durst needs to just take the hat off and shave his head. Shame is hard to watch.