Quantcast

Black and Chrome - Part deux...

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Sort of finished the Riot. My post did not show up so I got a cheapy thrown in. Just need to put on a manual brake and wait for my Argyle to finish it off.

Quick ride in the driveway and it feels really good. Manuals very well and the build is around 28.5lbs. Going to Skaters edge tonight for the maiden voyage..

Specs:

Riot, black, 21.5" tt, horizontal rear
Pike Team (Argyle soon)
Shadow Conspiracy Torrid cranks, Profile bb cups
Rennen Design 25t chainring
'We the people' headset
Thomson stem, 50mm
Truvativ Hussefelt bar
Woodman Bill SS rear hub, black, 36h, laced to black 721, silver DT spokes
Woodman Bill LTi front, black, 36h, laced to black 721, silver DT spokes
Riot Stick post, black
Surely clamp
HFX-9 rear brake (soon to be BB5)
K-Rads
Fly seat

Pics:

rid3HB

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
i think he is ditching the pike because it is blue and the title says black and chrome. ;)

skiplie

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
is the frame 08? And how is the woodman hub? I need to get a ss hub and don't want to spend 250 bucks on a profile one

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Debating on getting a new Pike or Argyle. Choices are Pike 454 or Argyle 318. One because that is the available forks and the colors match.

I love the Pike and would definately get another one. Just would be nice to get the Argyle as they are much less $ for me and one fixed 100mm length is nice..

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
whats your gearing and how do you like it?
I have a 25t up front and started with a 15 in back. I like it for an all around gear but just put on a 14 to be able to have the rear wheel slammed right up against dropouts. I had a 1/2 link with the 15 and was able to remove it and get better wheel placement.

I was having a ton of clicking and snapping at first when pedaling and I could not figure it out. I figured a new chain was needed (I used my old one at first) so I replaced it. That helped but after further riding it was still clicking when putting a good amount of torque on the pedals - but only once in a while. The I realized that the rear spacing was off just a bit and I respaced the rear cog to be more in-line with the front. Also filed down a bit of the chainring and it appears it is now all set.

Rode it again last night at an indoor park and the bike is amazing. It manuals very easily and is much easier to flick than my previous bike. Ordered an Argyle 318 (white) to replace the Pike. I finally decided that since I only run the Pike at 100mm, why not get an Argyle? I will gain a 1/2 pound but I will have a better DJ fork IMO. Plus it will match :clapping: