Quantcast

Black Rock Trip

weatherm

Chimp
Jan 1, 2008
Buddy and I are planning a trip up there. Want to spend a solid week over there and maybe ride some other stuff. I saw and heard Syncline was great. Would like to meetup w/ some locals and ride maybe if you guys can stand some southern accents :)

Anyways.. main questions are whats the best time (october?), good eats, we will be camping some and moteling others, good hostels?? etc.. good camp sites.. etc...

pretty much just need some good beta for the area.

Thanks guys and gals!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I'll ride with ya. Just moved out here from NC so I can handle the accents no problem. Bring me some sweet tea and Lexington BBQ and I'll show you everything I know!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
There is a hostel in bingen right next to syncline that is fun to stay at for riding trips. http://www.bingenschool.com
Post canyon hasn't cared when we've camped up there in years past, maybe someone can confirm if that's still ok. Overall, awesome area. Oh and food in hood river- I would hit up the pizza joint that serves pizza and beer while you watch movies on couches. Pretty awesome!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah you can still camp at Post Canyon, its forest land. Sometimes the sheriff will come through and write you a permit stating that you can stay up to 14 days after he issues it, but he has to find you first. I hear its to keep the bums and ramblers from staying in there too long.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Thanks Motomike, I think I'll have to get back out there and camp again this summer!

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
We're going to be riding Blackrock this weekend. We'll be coming from the south. Anyone know if there is any camping near Blackrock or further south?

Tdubb

Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
there is a camp ground in Falls City.But no camping in or around the parking lot for Blackrock.