Quantcast

Blackrock (falls city) Vs. Post Canyon

Mar 7, 2005
Just wondering what everybody likes more between BlackRock and Post Canyon. I have been to Post Canyon and enjoyed it alot but am hesitent on going to blackrock because of all the hiking that has to be done. Let me know what you guys think and if it is worth going out there.

nuclear 674

Monkey
Aug 12, 2005
ahead of you!!!
you should at least go once. the hike is not that much fun, but it isnt terrible either. the trails are super nice, and the stunts were pretty challenging. If you stop at santium bicycles on your way they will hook you up with a map and what is going on up there as far as building. they were good about giving a heads up and what trails to check out.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Blackrock is more condensed, and there is just a ton of stuff in a slightly smaller area. When you dont have a shuttle for Post I think that Falls City is better. But Post is nice and big and better if you have someone driving you to the top I guess.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Falls City is definitely worth the trip. The ride/hike isn't bad at all and they build good trails there, not just stunts like post canyon. I havent been to either since last summer, but I'd say overall Falls City is more fun if you haven't been there a bunch. It would also be a better destination at this time of year because it is ridable in the rain since they use cedar instead of lumber.