Quantcast

Blech...Lower Woodland Park trails!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Rant....

:mad:Kevin and I went for a spin on the trail system they have above the dirt jumps at Green Lake last weekend to brake in our bikes. It's close to the house and a easy place to spin around and chase the bunny's:)

Now, I'm all cool with whatever flows your boat sexually, but please....keep it to yourself. Dude, it's nasty up there....single men walking around all over the park looking to hook up with other dudes. We were messing around in the parking lot practicing bunny hops and it's virtual 'crusing' area. I watched car after car circle the lots and change parking spots before getting out.

I just felt it was pretty selfish of these men using this park as a venue when there are kids running around everywhere. I mean if it's that important spend the $$ get a hotel room.

Rant Over

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ugh, i walked around the lake a few times when i was recovering from the broken leg and wondered why the bathroom on the south side had a vending machine for rubbers....

i'm glad i didn't walk my way over to that parking lot all crippled and unable to run haha.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
ugh, i walked around the lake a few times when i was recovering from the broken leg and wondered why the bathroom on the south side had a vending machine for rubbers....
Ha, and that's only in the mens room:dead:

mazzino

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Seattle, WA
Snacks said:
Rant....
Now, I'm all cool with whatever flows your boat sexually, but please....keep it to yourself. Dude, it's nasty up there....single men walking around all over the park looking to hook up with other dudes. We were messing around in the parking lot practicing bunny hops and it's virtual 'crusing' area. I watched car after car circle the lots and change parking spots before getting out.
Rant Over
That park isn't a 'virtual' anything. It *is* a cruising area.

Yeah I know what you're saying. I live around the corner and rode my bike a few times back there to scope out some small jumps/drops people built. Then I realized the same thing you did. "Why are all these random guys hanging out by themselves??..uhhh wait a minute." A friend later clued me in that it's a well-known "meeting spot".

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
High Bridge Park in Spokane is the same way. You know, the park where the WIM XC races kicked off the last three years or so. McMud Fest. Because of the $hit that goes on in that park is why the City was so willing to let Round and Round put on a race there!! At least that was 8 hours or so on one day that the cops didn't have to keep an eye on the place.

But the worst was having to work down there the week before the race, usually by myself, getting things ready. it's giving the creeps just thinking about it. That park would be at the top of my list of things I will miss the least about the WIM Series being over!!!

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Kevin's OG....he should know.

When we first built east coast,the amount of needles and condoms in the bushes was staggering and fuggin gross!!It's creepy to be sessioning the jumps and realize yer being watched by random dudes sitting up in the bushes. And NO I am not saying that Homosexuality and IV drug use go hand in hand just that the two exist at lower woodland.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
This gal named Sam that rides the jumps had issues with pervs a few times. Se's like 18 now but started jumping when she was 15 and most of the guys jumping didn't want to go home without knowing she was safe. Pic. of Sam ripping.

Jun 18, 2004
We were talking about that area at work last week... my boss said that while his kid was having a baseball game tourneyment some perv blended in w/the parents and later his kid said that some perv type propositioned his kid... he said he talked to him and just thought he was a 1/2 in the bag parent...

I generally stay out of that area...

I figure between gay men cruising, rabbits, a dog park, the only cool drop ending right above a tennis court, most of the mtn bikers that you might come accross not being very freeride friendly I'd rather just run the lake... or spin it hard for conditioning....

I was dating this gal and her best friend played on a "all women" softball league... I figure that's the only reason that can bring me back to that area... watching ladies chase baseballs and eachother around is about it for me...

that whole area needs a police sting operation or something...

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
It's been a problem there for years but not as bad as Volunteer Park. It's just a mater of timing, I run through there on weekday afternoons and don't see anything. I've seen the cops driving through the grass to bust someone for riding so be aware. Oh and the bunnies are gone.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Dave_Schuldt said:
It's been a problem there for years but not as bad as Volunteer Park. It's just a mater of timing, I run through there on weekday afternoons and don't see anything. I've seen the cops driving through the grass to bust someone for riding so be aware. Oh and the bunnies are gone.
After all, we (the public) would rather see grown men having sex or, better yet, shooting up in the public parks. Heaven forbid you ride your bike there.:nope:
My guess on the lack of bunnies would be the lack of gerbils, thus the demand for the bunnies?

I used to live on the other side of I-5 from Woodland Park back in the day (yes, I'm not very young) and it used to be a good place to tool around on the bike. I went back a couple years ago and it was quite a sketchy scene. Haven't been back since. Thank goodness there's nothing like that happening at the local rec center I dink around at...so far.:rolleyes:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
They have been taking da'bunnies making them sterile and shipping them off to a bunny farm(some bunny rescue).

No joke. Well that was the news station version of it. :)

Jun 18, 2004
trailhacker said:
I noticed that the triangle patch just before where you get on 99 (right next to the lake) heading north is bunny free, but there are still plenty in the rock pile.
Where were they busting someone for riding at?
There are still bunnies in the triangle patch... they havn't caught the older one's yet that know how to blend in well... I saw 5 of them on Monday at dusk while on a run... they are staying out of sight more in the brush and near the rabit holes... but it's just a matter of time until all the bunnies go off to the Bunny ranch on the eastside...