Quantcast

Blew up my Roco WC today

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
ouch! Take it to Naz @ Marz Van and he will sort you out!

Your swinger lasted 700?! Mine lasted about 10. I hate you :D

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
He saying thats a lot...think about it if you are pinning it all day at whistler what are you good for 15 runs per from the top of Garbonzo at the outside....so 700 runs equals 46 FULL days at the park....DAMN!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
well when you live up from may to october, just riding 5 laps a day (from 6-9PM) as ASH usually does is enough to get up to 700, i wonder how many he gets in on empty days.

Hey Ash, maybe you could get in 10 laps a day if you werent still hungover until 6pm everyday :busted: :cheers: haha

PS what new shock you gettin? maybe look into a new vivid? should be out within a month

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
well when you live up from may to october, just riding 5 laps a day (from 6-9PM) as ASH usually does is enough to get up to 700, i wonder how many he gets in on empty days.

Hey Ash, maybe you could get in 10 laps a day if you werent still hungover until 6pm everyday :busted: :cheers: haha

PS what new shock you gettin? maybe look into a new vivid? should be out within a month
Ahh yes... I missed that these were 700 runs specifically at Whistler. That is a lot...

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
I took the shock down to Marz in Van. I have known Naz for a while now. Great guy to work with.

Turns out there was 2 issues with it, one which was a warranty issue, and the other, was user inflicted.

He rebuilt the shock, putting some of that special oil in there. Got home just in time, to put in some laps, and it feels 100 times better. In all honesty, it felt great up to this point, however after the rebuild, its in a different league.

killowatt

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Rainier, Oregon
What I want to know is who keeps track of how many runs? And how do you know what constitutes a "run"?
Hey Netguy, do you have one of them there computer thingies on your bike???
And one of them push button countin' things that umpires use?:D

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
What I want to know is who keeps track of how many runs? And how do you know what constitutes a "run"?
Hey Netguy, do you have one of them there computer thingies on your bike???
And one of them push button countin' things that umpires use?:D
Whistler keeps track...every time you go up, they electronically record your season pass ID....you can get the report any time you want...pretty neat-o system. I forgot to get mine last year...I think I was up there for 17 days...prolly got close to 250-300...not including garbo laps of course.:pirate2:

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Just ask the person that scans your ticket. The number of days, is on the first screen, however to get the runs, they have to dig in a couple of screens on the scanner.

killowatt

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Rainier, Oregon
SAWEEET!!!!!
I did not know that!:imstupid:
That's cool for someone who's there alot. My one or two trips a year would look pathetic.
I probably log more miles too and from the condo.:twitch:

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
so did they use the same voodoo teflon that they do when they give 888's the "works"
I think its better. From what understand when they do the WORKS to your bike, you basically get correct oil height and spring weight for your body weight, and just use the standard oil.
The oil that he put in my rear shock, is different than factory. It feels different also. Much more reactive on small bumps.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I think its better. From what understand when they do the WORKS to your bike, you basically get correct oil height and spring weight for your body weight, and just use the standard oil.
The oil that he put in my rear shock, is different than factory. It feels different also. Much more reactive on small bumps.
I have the same oil in my 888 after having a friend at Marz tune the fork, the small bump sensitivity is unreal and overall the fork is twice what it was out of the box. Hopefully my roco will return Friday w/ the same oil. Glad they helped you out..

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
hey ash sweet you got your bike up and running, ill be up with steven friday-sunday. we should get some laps in, ill call you after 4 so i know your not riding drunk/hungover
Whats all this talk about getting hung over? I dont think I get hungover anymore....i just hate riding on Saturday and Sundays. Lift lines suck big time, and you are correct, in that on most days, the last 3 hours of the day is a perfect time for riding.

They added some cool new lines in the boneyard, and a different (not so huge) way to hit the massive step up. Its pretty cool. Oh yeah, and the step up to wooden ramp, to drop at the end of the boneyard is now open to all. I have not done it. Not to sure if I will.

However, Eren, yes....lets ride on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sounds like a plan. I will take you down Trespasser.

dhmtbiker9

Chimp
Dec 8, 2006
I have a ROCO wc and I think I blew mine.There is no oil any were to be seen. My shock is a poggo stick and the only way to get it anywhere to feel good is close the rebound all the way, but it blows through the travel, evan with comp. knob closed also.I got about 10 runs at HIGHLAND MT. before I noticed it.When I put on my spare 5th the bike really sucked.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Whats all this talk about getting hung over? I dont think I get hungover anymore....i just hate riding on Saturday and Sundays. Lift lines suck big time, and you are correct, in that on most days, the last 3 hours of the day is a perfect time for riding.

They added some cool new lines in the boneyard, and a different (not so huge) way to hit the massive step up. Its pretty cool. Oh yeah, and the step up to wooden ramp, to drop at the end of the boneyard is now open to all. I have not done it. Not to sure if I will.

However, Eren, yes....lets ride on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sounds like a plan. I will take you down Trespasser.
haha tresspasser, with all this forecast of thundshowers, and rain friday and sunday, maybe saturday, i will not touch that trail in the wet!

PS looks like ill have top take a look at the drop in the boneyard

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
I have a ROCO wc and I think I blew mine.There is no oil any were to be seen. My shock is a poggo stick and the only way to get it anywhere to feel good is close the rebound all the way, but it blows through the travel, evan with comp. knob closed also.I got about 10 runs at HIGHLAND MT. before I noticed it.When I put on my spare 5th the bike really sucked.
Either you are running way to soft of a spring, or its ****ed. Either way, get it checked out.