Quantcast

Bling bling and engaged things

ncxj

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
Garner, NC
Alright I need a little bit of advice. In a moment of unclarity in my life I decided to get engaged. She was a great girl and an amazing person but things just werent the way they were supposed to be so we made the decision to split-up. All worked out good with that and were still relatively good friends. Well she gave me back the ring, I told her I didnt want it and she could keep it, she didnt want it eather so I ended up with it. Now I dont know if I should keep it or pawn it off. I mean a part of me says keep it and have it remade if and when I find a someone else and decide (after much much more thinking) to get engaged again. At the same time I probobly won't like the idea of giving her some thing that wasnt bought just for her. Should I pawn it and get a new ride? Ladies advice would also be much appreciated.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Sell it for as much as you can. Did you buy it at a shop that takes returns?

I just think giving it to another woman someday isn't a good idea.

My woman agrees... sell it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Pawn it. No chick would ever want to be given that ring after she found out you had given it to someone else. Get what you can for it and cut your losses.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
The only right thing to do is to insure it for replacement value, pawn it to some guy on the street, then claim it was stolen. :D

ncxj

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
Garner, NC
Thanks for confirming my thoughts. So whats the best way to get rid of this thing? I bought it a year and a half ago so I dont even really consider it a loss. Looks like ill be getting a nice new shiney bicycle!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Thanks for confirming my thoughts. So whats the best way to get rid of this thing? I bought it a year and a half ago so I dont even really consider it a loss. Looks like ill be getting a nice new shiney bicycle!
Don't count on it, resale on used engagement rings isn't good.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
1.5 yrs ago?

Long engagement?

Sell it on ebay. Offer no explanation. If you've got the receipt, then photograph it to put it on ebay along with pic of ring. Black-out personal info on the receipt.

If you bought it from a good size dealer, they may very work with you.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Several Jewelry stores will allow you to trade it in, or you can pop the diamonds out, keep them for trade if they are good quality, then sell the band for scrap. My dad was in the jewelry bus for 50+ years, he did that many times.

ncxj

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
Garner, NC
lordopie, it wasnt that long of an engagement i bought about 3 or 4 months before popping the question, then we wanted to wait for her to get out of college.

brian, thats what I was considering I mean it is 1 karat, top quality, and platinum and I could get it remade. I think ill just start fresh anyways.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
never ever consider giving an old engagement ring (unless passed down by your family) to a new chick......
Exactly what I was going to say. I think family heirloom would be different, but not something that was bought specifically with a certain girl in mind!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
lordopie, it wasnt that long of an engagement i bought about 3 or 4 months before popping the question, then we wanted to wait for her to get out of college.

brian, thats what I was considering I mean it is 1 karat, top quality, and platinum and I could get it remade. I think ill just start fresh anyways.
You should be able to sell or trade it for something nice. At one carat it would even be worth having remade.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
My wife says pawn it. She wouldn't want anything that was bought and meant for another girl, especially an engagement ring.

You should be able to get decent cash assuming it's flawless, good color etc.....

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
My wife agrees.

And I quote:
"If I was wearing an engagement ring you had bought for the last tramp you had in your life, one night I'd get you hard, and then ram the size six ring down around your cock. Try explaining that at the ER."

Then she kissed me and went back to sleep. I think these 28 hour days are taking a toll.

Depending on where you got it, you may be able to trade. If not, pawn it, or see if you can sell it to a friend.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
And I quote:
"If I was wearing an engagement ring you had bought for the last tramp you had in your life, one night I'd get you hard, and then ram the size six ring down around your cock. Try explaining that at the ER."
I was pretty sure she was going to say, "inside", instead of "around". You're like an M.Night Shamalaamanadingdong movie with your twist ending.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I was pretty sure she was going to say, "inside", instead of "around". You're like an M.Night Shamalaamanadingdong movie with your twist ending.
Would there be some kid pointing and whispering to a ghost "I see lascerated cock!"