Quantcast

bling bling yamaha...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm just glad they didn't extend the swingarm :rolleyes:

nothing pisses me off more than a good sportbike ruined by some hack that puts a 15" extension on the swingarm so they can do burnouts :mad:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
manimal said:
i'm just glad they didn't extend the swingarm :rolleyes:

nothing pisses me off more than a good sportbike ruined by some hack that puts a 15" extension on the swingarm so they can do burnouts :mad:
Spot on. Seems to be very popular in the US, I hope it does not catch on here...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
fluff said:
Spot on. Seems to be very popular in the US, I hope it does not catch on here...
i like pulling up to a group of bikes cruising through my town on a fri/sat night and single out the losers. [over my loudspeaker] "if you have an extended swingarm and your bike is pulling less than 180hp at the wheel then you're just scared."
people try and call my bluff and tell me that their '97 GSXR 600 is a 1000cc and is so fast that they need the extra length. i inform them that suzuki didn't make a 1000cc in 97 and even if they did you still wouldn't need the longer swingarm if you knew how to ride.

it is apparently all about the bling. it would be like some tool buying a BMW racelink and blinging it out to ride on the beach. just a waste of engineering if you ask me.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Dropped and stretched Busas seem to be the rage in KC. I'm with you manimal lengthened swingarms ruin the bike.

This one is kinda ugly IMO. That much chrome would make a RUB on a WCC blush. Ick.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
that chrome bike would suck to sit on after it has been sitting out in the sun in 100+ degree weather for a few hours.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Westy said:
The Chopper scene seems to have become a contest in who can waste the most money.
there are pockets of resistance.....

I like japan.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
it's a whole new thing dealing with the ability to do burnouts :confused: i speak to a lot of these idiots and the usual response is that it makes it easier to smoke the back wheel while rolling. my reply is that they just don't know how to ride....besides, those tires aren't cheap. :dead: :rolleyes: i could make my old R6 do a rolling burnout if i got my weight way forward....i think they're just stupid squids and scared.

"hey look! that guy can go fast in a straight line!" :rolleyes:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
h22ekhatch said:
Well, some people do stretch them for drag racing...

yes, but you can't really drag on the street, and most dragsters have more than 110hp :rolleyes: i saw a '92 CBR 600F2 with a 15" extension. that bike didn't even break the 100hp barrier...what the hell does he need an extension for? you can standon the rear axle and still have to dump the clutch to stand it up.
i ran a flat 10:00 on a buddies '98 ZX-9R that was pushing 154 ponies and i didn't seem to have any problems keeping the front end down. these dudes are just hacks with too much money...or perhaps too many credit card applications in the mail.

edit: and a Busa is the only bike on the street that halfway warrants an extended swingarm.