Quantcast

Blings Blings for Freeride?

trialsboy50

Monkey
Nov 23, 2004
I saw the dual plys on sale for $12, would these work decent for freeride? mainly urban freeride, but how would they fair on like DHish style trails? I was gonna get a set of Minions as well, but I saw these were dual ply.

Thanks
Byron

flow

Chimp
May 6, 2003
Vancouver
I put a set on for some indoor mtnx and they ruled on the hardpack. I've left them on for the first couple xc/freerides and they're pretty cool. They roll extrememly fast, have good cornering on the hardpack, but can get sketchy in the loose stuff as well as on roots/wood/wet-rock. I've found that although they get sketchy on loose it's helped to improve drifting skill.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
rode them on my mtn x bike then took it on a trail ride last year and loved them. roll very fast, corner like mad, and make drifting very easy if you do it right. also rode with a kid at our big bike dirtjumps last week who was rocking them on his vpfree and liked them alot for urban and montana type conditions (smooth hardpacked dirt)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I have them on my rail. They are a great tire, but they don't work so great climbing. If your definition of freeride includes riding up, then you might want something different. Kinda like the Highroller. Great all around tire, but horrible climber.