Quantcast

Blogs- who's got them or who reads them?

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I know I've posted this before-- but I think it was before the transformation of the site and all was lost.

Who has a blog, or has one they like to read? What's the URL bla bla bla?
Mostly asking for Ridemonkey URL's but hey if you recommend one highly I always enjoy a good read

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I can't see why anyone would ever read a blog that wasn't written by a close friend or family member. Seriously, how little of a life must someone have to go reading the inane day to day ramblings of someone they will never meet?

J

JRB

Echo said:
I can't see why anyone would ever read a blog that wasn't written by a close friend or family member. Seriously, how little of a life must someone have to go reading the inane day to day ramblings of someone they will never meet?

Some of us are not even real. We are just Internet people. :rolleyes:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It's "internet speak" for Weblog. Basically a cute high school uses a web log instead of a diary, and horny old farts and other asshats go there every day pretending they are interested, but really they are just hoping she will take her shirt off.

J

JRB

Echo said:
It's "internet speak" for Weblog. Basically a cute high school uses a web log instead of a diary, and horny old farts and other asshats go there every day pretending they are interested, but really they are just hoping she will take her shirt off.
Sounds stupid.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
that's not totally true. echo- i hear bitterness, was ur ex gf a blogger? ;) basically blogs yes are either online diaries, or sources of daily rambling on a subject. for example a few olympians have them for events that happened to them in the olympics. or dh's have them..

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK, so out of about 5 million blogs out there, and that's probably a conservative estimate, what percentage do you think are olympians?

Yes, I am bitter, the little highschool bitch never disrobed even after years of teasing :D

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
hahah well echo that sounds like a personal problem. come back to my office after lunch and we can work on that "personal problem"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Would a diary about the whippings of a bad child be a "flog blog"?

Or a journal about reading book introductions, a "prologue blog"?

Perhaps writing about experiences on the moores could fall under the category of "fog blog".

Or a journal kept in the Czech Republic.. Could be a "Prague blog"! In San Francisco, it could be a "smog blog"!

..this is just getting silly.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Echo said:
Will you write about me in your blog? I could be famous!
I think she's hitting on you. :D

Ars: I read this one regularly for several reasons:
- It's bike related
- Better yet, it's SS related
- It lacks the stupidity of 99% of the other blogs I've seen

J

JRB

binary visions said:
Would a diary about the whippings of a bad child be a "flog blog"?

Or a journal about reading book introductions, a "prologue blog"?

Perhaps writing about experiences on the moores could fall under the category of "fog blog".

Or a journal kept in the Czech Republic.. Could be a "Prague blog"! In San Francisco, it could be a "smog blog"!

..this is just getting silly.
No no - go on.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco-gringo said:
No no - go on.
Well, while we're on the topic, Wesley's experiences in the Fire Swamp could easily be written up in a "bog blog".

If one were to describe exactly what it's like walking through a swamp, it might be contained in a "slog blog".

I had even considered writing about my experiences on a pig farm - it would have made for a good "hog blog".

Lastly, I had a collection of those round cardbord circles that kids play games with... I used to write about them in my "pog blog".

edit: dammit, BikeGeek beat me to the bog blog!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
binary visions said:
Well, while we're on the topic, Wesley's experiences in the Fire Swamp could easily be written up in a "bog blog".

If one were to describe exactly what it's like walking through a swamp, it might be contained in a "slog blog".

I had even considered writing about my experiences on a pig farm - it would have made for a good "hog blog".

Lastly, I had a collection of those round cardbord circles that kids play games with... I used to write about them in my "pog blog".

edit: dammit, BikeGeek beat me to the bog blog!
You should keep track of all the beer you drink in a grog blog.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
You should keep track of all the beer you drink in a grog blog.
...or all the girls you kiss in your snog blog!

I talked to a lumberjack who kept a log blog...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm pretty excited about this thread..

..I'll post about it in my "agog blog"

(I can't believe I'm still thinking of these! HELP! :help: )

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
I'm pretty excited about this thread..

..I'll post about it in my "agog blog"

(I can't believe I'm still thinking of these! HELP! :help: )
I'll make sure the smash the Glog with a blog in my MMRPG.

J

JRB

stosh said:
I couldn't find anything to rhyme with blog so I just posted something stupid.

You know Stosh, Lisa may be right about you. Any attention. :stosh: