Blur 4x or Yeti 4x

Blur 4x or Yeti 4x

• Blur 4x

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Yeti 4x

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2005
Im looking for a short travel bike that I can ride ds and jump with, while also riding trails ocassionally. I have narrowed it down to the blur 4x and the yeti 4x. i can get both for around the same price. I just wanted some opinions. thanks

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
the yeti is rare, blur will be more and more common, i would like a yeti 4x, but couldn't afford one right now anyways

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The Kadvang said:
jon, if you get the yeti, its gonna match your dh9, and then you will look gay
Does that mean I look QUADRUPLE gay with my 4X, DH9, Dirtjumper, 575, and 303? Or is it just the Torelli road bike, spandex shorts, and the fact that I have sex with men make me gay? please... clear this up for me...

:D

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
the Santa Cruz has a more reasonable seat angle for pedaling, but the yeti is about the most lustworthy frame of the last 5 years....

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
the yeti is nothing special at all. i dont understand what people about it so much. get the blur. vpp is the way to go if you want something that pedals super well and is plush at the same time. the harder you pedal into the vpp, the better it pedals.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
beaverbiker said:
the yeti is nothing special at all. i dont understand what people about it so much. get the blur. vpp is the way to go if you want something that pedals super well and is plush at the same time. the harder you pedal into the vpp, the better it pedals.

Written by a true sponsored rider, :nuts:

Mar 21, 2005
The Kadvang said:
jon, if you get the yeti, its gonna match your dh9, and then you will look gay
by the way buddy, i dont know if u heard this but i ordered a BLACK dh9, there was just some confusion. u should have seen my face when i went to pick it up, not happy. whatever i love the bike. by the way ur building tomorrow.

The Lazian

Chimp
Mar 26, 2004
Arvada CO the "(303)"
Full Trucker said:
Does that mean I look QUADRUPLE gay with my 4X, DH9, Dirtjumper, 575, and 303? Or is it just the Torelli road bike, spandex shorts, and the fact that I have sex with men make me gay? please... clear this up for me...

:D
friggin' hillarious

get the 4X ... yeti of course

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
Eventhough I would choose the 05' Specialized SX over both of these bikes, I'll still stay true to your question.

Between the Yeti and the Santa Cruz. I'd go with the Yeti (sorry Beavers). Jill's bike felt better (for me) than my friends new Blur 4x. The one thing I noticed the most is that the Yeti was very stiff. Good geometry too, very similar to the new SX. :)

Just my 2 cents...

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
VPP all the way.
My M3 is a quantum leap forward compared to my M1. it is MUCH faster, while all the parts are the same.
If the same goes for 4X bikes (where pedalling is heaps more important) there's no doubt. To hell with yeti's reputation. Performance is what matters, not status.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
riskit4abizket said:
Im looking for a short travel bike that I can ride ds and jump with, while also riding trails ocassionally. I have narrowed it down to the blur 4x and the yeti 4x. i can get both for around the same price. I just wanted some opinions. thanks

You devil! I wish I had the means to make such a decision. If I had the means there's only one choice;YETI 4X. I have ridden a buddies on course and that badboy is stupid fast.

A little birdy told me one day that the 4X will probably see production sooner than later......

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
kidwoo said:
Mostly because he owns so many expensive bikes. Anyone with that much of a need to um..........compensate must use that obsessive compulsion to be hiding something. I think all this time, he's been wanting more tinkerbell, not more cowbell.

Bahahahahaha!! Too funny. Kidwoo, you gotta write some of this stuff down...oh wait you already did. Sort of. Uh, yeah.