Quantcast

BMW Shin Burger Pedals

n00dlez

Chimp
Apr 4, 2007
Woodbridge, New Jersey
I've been tryin' find a pair of these all over and I can't find any. All the places that carry them are out of stock and BMW won't respond to my emails. Anyone know where I can get some?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
qbp used to carry them BTI probably does as well. I would ask your lbs one of thier distributors should have them.

Those pedals are horrible though...There are lots better choices...

Jakobr

Chimp
Feb 14, 2007
denmark
i haven't tried the vedgie burgers, but the reason i stopped using the regular ones was the slippery-when-wet problem, and the fact that they collected lots of mud. isn't that the same issue with the light ones?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
exactly...way to heavy and you need to carry an extra tool because the spindle size is larger...plus they were way overpriced...D
Yeah and not to mention if they get muddy YOU ARE DONE...there is noway for the mud to clear...

Do yourself a favor and get some tioga mx's light strong and amazing grip.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
it goes without saying that im a bmw fan, but the shinburgers just dont work.

your best bet for staying on your pedals is buying 5.10 shoes and any type of concave pedals.

easton flatboy
http://www.pricepoint.com/images/styleImages/D_240 EASFB7.jpg

Tioga
http://www.fahrrad-speicher.de/images/Tioga-Pedale-SF-MX-Pro.jpg

Specialized
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/specialized lo pro mag pedal.jpg

Stay away from the flat surface pedals like the crank bros 50/50, NYC freeride, straightline ETC. YES, they do grip, just not as good and the concave.

Also, on the concave, put longer pins along the perimeter and shorter pins in the middle. That's the best grip combo IMHO.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I want them because I have really horrible problems with staying stuck to my pedals. If they're so horrible then what should I get with equally good grip?
If that's the issue then these pedals definitely won't help.

What shoes are you using? If you're really having issues, 5.10 shoes might be a good investment. They stick to almost any pedal.

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
I have been riding with Shinburgers for 3 seasons now. With Vans, or any other general skate shoe, they grip ok, but no better than any other pedal. With some 5-10's they are ridiculous, you cant move your foot even when you try, you have to wait for a flat section and pick your foot up to move it.

Also, they are not so bad on the shins, I have landed on them many many times and never have had any serious wounds from the spikes, but getting smacked with them is a different story, they leave huge bruises on my ankles all the time. Dont forget, they weigh about 1lb each.

Mine are starting to wear out, the bushings are starting to get sloppy, and all the outer spikes are bent and smashed from rocks. I think my next set of pedals is going to be the Sunline V1's which kind of have the spike thing going on like the Shinburger's but also have replaceable pins.

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
More pins aren't the answer. The more pins you have the less pressure on each pin. There's a happy medium there. That's why nice pedals have lots of options for pin placement. Shinburgers also weigh WAY too much and cost too much.

What pedals do you have now?

I second the assertion that your shoes are part of the problem. 5.10s are in a league of their own. If they're a 10 the next best shoes are about a 4.

Get some 5.10s and some Atomlabs (new ones), Fly Rubens, Eastons, Azonic A-Frames, Tiogas, Straitlines, etc.

Whatever you do DO NOT get 50/50s. They suck in every concievable way.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
and they are near industructable. Get the one with replacable pins and you willl not need to buy any other pedal for years to come. I have used mine all season and trhey still look new. the only bad thing about them is you have to used pads or they eat you up.

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
IMO the syncros pedals are in the same category as the shinburgers. They are overkill, really heavy, and overpriced. There are tons of better pedals out there.