Quantcast

BMX at Diabloween?

Mar 19, 2007
Somers, NY
What up guys! im going to be at Diabloween on sunday for the DJ comp. and im bringing my friend along with me. But the only problem for him is that he rides a BMX bike. i was wondering if he would be allowed to ride his Stolen Ransom on Upper and Lower Dominion? Ill be riding a red Giant Warp on sunday.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Not to start anything here but how do you classify a BMX from a mountain bike exactly, for instane a BMX bike could be a cruiser (24 inch wheels) and a Norco 250 (with 24 inch wheels) is a single speed, with no suspension. Or take the new DMR that is totally cruiser pegged as urban mountain bike. Just wondering because I have had the same question asked to me from kids that ride with me as to whether they are allowed to bring their bikes to diablo.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
nah its cool it has a coaster brake, those bars might give you alittle trouble on the mountain. you might be fine ridin around the city with the home boys but not on the mountain haha.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
It's just common sense. Technically to ride, you must be on a mountain bike equipped with at least a front suspension fork. Rigid mountain bikes and 20" BMX bikes are not permitted.

You can try and slice the line thin with frankenstein bikes like above, but it comes down to simple logic: knowing the rocky terrain of the park, would you really want to ride something like that?

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
...and to counter the people who would say "session the Dominions all day, then walk back to the lift and ride it down at the end of the day," again: you can probably get bigger hits than the Dominions at a skate park for a lot cheaper than a $34 lift ticket.

I am just not sure why there is an argument for Pro-BMX on the mountain...

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
again, not a pro, have never been a pro, just here for sh!ts and giggles like the rest of you, after working from 9am to 9pm every day except sunday I like to sit down in front of the computer for an hour and cool down so I can sleep, this just seems to be the most interesting forumn to write on, for the most part it's hilarious reading everyone's responses. As far as this post just wanted to know exactly what the deciding factor was between BMX and Mountain bike. Now I know thanks. I'm going to go jump my bike before I have to go to work now.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
I always found it to be a great bike for yard sales all over the rock garden and eating sh*t in general. Oh and that rear wheel isn't broken, and it DOES have brakes. That hole in the "spokes" is where you throw a stick in when you want to stop.